CHAPTER 16

Still Camila's...

After indulging ourselves with pizza and ice cream, Dinah was busy snapping some photos of us in the kitchen. I heard her talking to someone on her phone, I move closer to her to curiously wondering if it's a new client. I honestly don't want to accept any new projects at the moment, since my mind is still pretty much distracted in all the things happening now.

Enjoying my delicious ice cream is helping me calm my mind from all the decisions I have to weigh. Maybe I could talk to Lauren again she's probably at her office now. Wouldn't it be awkward if I'll just suddenly show up in her office this early? If I go there what would I even say? Stick with our deal or come up with something else? I know nothing about construction or gathering investors, or engineering.

I run my finger thru my forehead and groan to myself. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I heard Dinah spoke "Hey, are you okay?" I turn to face her. I don't want to tell them my problem but her and Ally knows me to well. "Is this about the engagement thing?" she asks with a concern look in her face. Even I won't tell them the real reason they'll know something is wrong.

I turn my gaze to Ally and Sofi who's occupied talking about boys and stuff, I answered Dinah's question "yeah, papi's ill. He knows I'm not willing to fully take over the company yet that's why he agrees on Cabello-Jauregui merging but only if Lauren will marry me. Eventually the marriage thing was his idea" I sigh staring at my spoon with ice cream on it.

"How serious his illness is?" she asks leaning in the counter mirroring my position.

"It's early stage of Parkinson but the doctors said depression and stress from work would worsen it in abrupt time. My mom is so concern I could tell that if she'll have time to talk to me alone she'd definitely plead for me to marry that woman." I pose and close my eyes to take a deep breath. "I don't know what to do D, I don't want to disappoint them by saying no to the marriage but I know nothing about running a construction company" I stared blankly on my cup of ice cream. "I don't want to give up my career that I've work for in years. I'm almost on the top D, you know how much hardwork I've put through this stuff. I love what I'm doing and I'm not ready to give this up." I heard Dinah sigh deeply I know she knows how much I meant every words I just said.

"It would be a tough decision you have to make Mila but I know for sure everything will be okay. For the mean time let's take away all your worries for a while. Normani is here in Miami and said she wants to meet my best friend so help me find a fine restaurant to take my date tonight, yeah?" she grinned widely and I shook my head and reciprocated her smile.

Dinah's right, I could rest my head for tonight and have fun with my best friend's new love interest. I'm curious with this Normani since Dinah can't stop talking about her. Dinah and Ally are like a sister to me so knowing their dates and their love interest is my concern. I've made a reservation to one of my favourite restaurant in Miami for Dinah to gain a good impression from her date tonight.

After few hours I change into casual black top, blue fitted skirt suited with long boots and a black light coat that looks a little innocent but still hot. I put a light make up on but darken my eye liner more to emphasize my messy wavy hair. I'm not the one who has date tonight but I won't mind ditching Dinah later to let her have alone time with Normani.

I look at my watch, it's about time so I grab my purse and my cell phone then walks out of my room. I headed down the hallway and saw Dinah closing her room she's wearing a strapless dress that shows her curves and firm legs.

"You look stunning D, I bet Normani we'll be drooling whole night"

"Awe, thanks Walz, you don't look bad yourself either." She poses and turns around looking at herself "I didn't dress up to much didin't I?"