CHAPTER 13

Camila's POV

Her smile is so perfect, her eyes shines brighter making me lost into it. I don't know how long we've been staring at each other forgetting the man still talking on stage. She cleared her throat and glance on his dad again so I also did the same.

"But before we welcome my very own daughter here in stage I would like to make another announcement." I look at him curiously on what would be his other news and he added "Tonight is a very special night to also announce the engagement of my daughter Lauren Jauregui to Ms. Camila Cabello Estrabao the eldest daughter of Cabello-Estrabao Group of Companies. Show your love and support to them guys. Come here kid" he called for her daughter as we look at each other in confusion. I saw Lauren's mom signalled her to go on stage.

Wait what? Did I hear him right? Engagement? Wait a minute! I am so lost! Nothing seems to register on my mind. When did I agree to this? I look at my dad but his attention was too occupied to the people talking to him. I looked at my mom and started walking towards her. She should clear this to me. They never talked to me about any of this but before I could reach to her I felt hand grabs my arm.

"Whatever you had in your mind please keep it for a while and talk to them later. I know your confuse, mad and everything but please Mila do it later." I look at her with disbelief even her knows what's happening.

"You knew this? You didn't even bother telling me Sof?" I furrowed my eyebrows with anger ranging my whole body. I didn't wait for her reply and leave her. I need a drink! I walk towards the bar and ask for a shot of vodka from the bartender and sip it all. I can't believe my parents put me on the spot. I ask for a second shot when I heard a raspy voice speak.

"Is that how you celebrate our engagement? You could have invited me you know" she said motioning closer to the counter.

"You knew about this didn't you?" I ask her with anger in my voice.

"Of course I knew. And I thought you also knew since you've suggested it last night" she said defensively.

"I did not know this and they haven't told me. What I said last night during dinner was a joke! It never meant anything serious. I was annoyed by your mom 'cause she brought up that topic that I didn't want to talk about." I said raising my voice with annoyance having no clue on everything.

"Okay I'll tell you about it but can we talk to my office? We still have many guests and I can see you're freaking out I don't want them to think that we're fighting on our engagement party."

"This is not my party! I'll go with you cause honestly I need a room to cool down myself, this is so messed up." We walk silently and made our way on the second floor, she open the door and enters the room.

"Come in, I have whiskey here you want one?" she ask and I nodded. She walks towards the corner grabbing a bottle of alcohol and pours it in the glass. I sat in the leather couch place near the book shelves. Her office is not big but very well organized and sophisticated just like her.

"yeah sure, I think I need it." she handed me the glass and sit in her visitor's chair facing my sight crossing her legs.

"So, let's discuss about our engagement. It's obvious that you didn't have idea that both our parents had already agreed to this. So there is nothing much you can say about it given the fact that they have announced it just a moment ago." She said with confidence, who says I'm going to go with this dumb idea! No one can tell me who I want to marry and when I can marry the person I want to spend my whole life with.

"Who says I'm going to agree with this? How can I agree on marrying someone I barely knew? And to be honest with you I don't settle in a relationship and I don't even know if I want to be married." I look at showing that I am serious on taking NO to this marriage. "If you'd insist I'd end up a cheating wife and you would never want that but I don't think you'd care anyway, I'm sure you'll be doing this just to expand your empire" I raise my glass and lightly taking a sip of alcohol.