CHAPTER 29

****your reactions from previous chapter were gold 😂😂😂 sorry for pissing you off****

Lauren's POV

It's been a week since Camila had been avoiding me. I tried to talk to her but it's either she comes home when I'm in the office or always has an excuse to hurriedly leave the house. I knew keeping Lucy in the company was the worst decision I've ever made in my entire being. I should have fired her and sent her away from the country when I decided to end everything on us.

If I only knew that it's possible for me to feel genuinely happy with Camila I shouldn't have stubbornly denying my feelings for her. I should have been vocal like her and grew some balls to admit that I liked her since the day we've met. Even though it started late, we were finally starting to work things out between our marriage and here comes my past dragging me back.

When Lucy showed up in my office in the middle of the night with all our photos and videos from the past, kissing and having sex I blew up. It was a shady move of her to actually threaten me to expose it to my family and into the media. It never occurred to me that she could be so stupid and desperate to get back to me but I guess I was way more stupid to let her kissed me. Then before I could push her away Camila had already saw Lucy's lips locked to mine.

When I saw Camila standing in front of my office door, guilt washed over my conscience. I never had planned telling Camila about my past with Lucy, and for her to discover in that circumstances were definitely what I had in mind. Back when I haven't met Camila, I do have Lucy but it was different. I admit, I used Lucy for my satisfaction only. I had her when I was lonely and stress, mostly when I am frustrated at work. I know I'm such a bitch for doing that and Lucy is such an amazing person, I must have hurt her badly that cause her to think of threatening me.

The couple of months that I've spent with Camila had been the happiest and most alive point of my life. For a week that I haven't seen her my heart hurt on missing her. I miss waking up in the morning smelling her lavender addicting scent, I miss seeing her smile while she's preparing our breakfast. I miss her sweet cotton candy lips lingering on mine, I miss her arms wrapping around me every time I felt cold. I miss her touch, I miss everything about her. And now I am here at our kitchen counter staring at my empty coffee mug which she used to fill. I can't take this anymore!

I grab my phone and dial the one person I know who can help me, "hello?"

"Hey Lo?" I heard the person answered with sleepy voice.

"Mani, I need your help." I said waiting for her reply, I can hear her sigh.

"Is it something to do with Camila?"

I inhaled deeply, "yes Mani. I need to talk to her, I need to explain everything to her Mani."

"I think she still needs time Lo," anger is starting to build up in my chest, is one week of not talking to me is not enough for her?

"It's been one week Mani, isn't that enough time already? Help me Mani, I need to talk to her." I felt a tear starting to fall, "I can't lose her Mani, I need her, damn! I love her Mani and this is killing me." my voice may sound cracked and even sound so desperate, well I am. And I will do anything just to have her back in my arms again. I heard silence from the other line, maybe my own best friend also believe I did cheat on her. "I didn't cheat on her Mani, I swear I didn't," I said wiping the tears streaming down my cheeks. I fucking hate being weak and crying shows weakness but I don't care anymore, I just want Camila back.

"I believe you Lo, wait for me. I'll be down in your place in a minute, let's talk when I get there." She said and hung up the phone, I put down my phone in the counter running my fingers through my hair and staring to nowhere blankly.