Chapter 1

Until You're Mine

(A Kim Jonghyun Fan fiction)

BY AKEMI-MIOSHI

Disclaimer

This story is purely fictional. Character, business, places, events, and incidents are either the products of my imagination or used in a fictitious manner. I do not own SHINee but I do own this story. I hereby disclaim any liability to any party for any loss, damage, or disruption caused by errors or omissions, whether such errors or omissions result from negligence, accidents or any other cause. Also, don't copy my story or translate without my permission.

Chapter 1 – The beginning

There is no one in this world I can trust. All the smiling faces, the facades, I see every day are lies. After all, all that people want is for their own advantage and they are pretty good at using you just for their own greed.

I used to believe that there are some people out there who aren't that selfish but was woken up from that illusion long ago. I don't really recall any happy memory in my 17 years of existence but I can't deny the fact that my life has become pretty peaceful nowadays.

After I escaped from their grip.

I didn't mind having a dull and boring life, it was way better and comfortable than before. My story ended after finally having a normal life, but I was highly mistaken because my world changed after I met him.

That day, the rain poured nonstop, but luckily I had found an umbrella in my backpack to reach back home. I began moving towards my apartment and as I was crossing a park, I saw him. It was a young man, around 17-18 years old, sitting on a bench, his head hung low, wearing a leather jacket, a V- Neck T-Shirt and ripped jeans, and somehow I couldn't help but keep staring at him.

He reminded me of someone. To be honest, he reminded me of my younger self. He looked exactly like me when I was going through the roughest time of my life; like there was no one in this world who will pull him out of the darkness.

What I did next was out of my character and I sometimes wonder what had gotten into me when I did this. I walked to him, who was getting ditched in the rain, and placed my umbrella above his head, so that he doesn't get wet anymore, not caring that I was getting soaked by the rainwater as a consequence.

He looked up at me and I got a better look at his face: he had deep brown eyes and a light brown hair color with a sharp jawline. The stranger looked at me confused, probably wondering who I am and I did something that I hadn't done in ages; I gave him a whole-hearted smile.

"I don't know you nor do I know why you are sitting here looking all depressed, but I've got something to say to you. I know that it may sound a bit weird, hearing that from an unknown person, but it is important to never give up. Maybe, if we keep trying, we might succeed one day. After all, it's just a matter of persistence."

For a second, there was silence, you could only hear the cold rain drops falling. I breathed out and grabbed his hand, gave him the umbrella which I was still holding, and walked away. With this, I didn't know that I had caught the interest of a person who shouldn't be interested in me.

After that, I didn't see him again. Fall ended, winter came and went and so finally spring came. A new school year started and I became a 2nd year High-School Student. I was walking in the hallway, wearing my nerdy glasses and my eyes glued to the book in front of me when I bumped into someone.