Chapter 24

Chapter 24 - Graduation

"H-Hi," I said. "Mina? What happened?" Uncle asked, confused. "Nothing just went for a jog" I explained awkwardly and sat down on the sofa, next to Jonghyun. "So why are you here?" I asked in return. "I was curious about your friend, whom I couldn't meet last time, so I decided to pay him a visit"

He seems to be in a good mood. "Anyway, I made dinner for you" Jonghyun interrupter. He placed the food on the table and we both looked at him surprised. "You can even cook Korean food now?" I asked. "Wasn't it you, who told me to have proper meals?" he asked and smiled.

"Thank you" Uncle expressed and took a bite. "That's really good" he added as he acknowledged his cooking. "Would you like to eat too?" he asked me and I shook my head. "I already ate with you, remember?" I stated. "You guys seem really close" uncle said.

"Well, let's go home after you finish. Jonghyun is probably tired" I said. "He doesn't seem tired to me to at all" he opinioned. "Yes, he is" I declared. "He is not" I sighed as I looked at him peacefully eating. "Yes, he is"

"It's fine, Mina," Jonghyun said calmly. "We get along anyway" he added and uncle nodded satisfied. "See, he doesn't have any problem" I sighed once again and stood up. "Fine. After you are finished with you talk, come home" Before I walked away, Jonghyun grabbed my hand and looked at me disappointed. "You're going?"

"Sorry, but yes. I still have some work to do." I explained and exited the apartment with an apologetic smile. Since they are getting along better than expected, I don't have to worry much. For the following hour, I cleaned the apartment, took a shower and prepared for our last day at school.

In a blink of an eye, I fell asleep and woke up in the middle of the night. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2 a.m. Because I knew that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep now, I decided to walk around in the apartment for a while. It's always been that way. I often wake up in the middle of the night and don't know what to do.

As I walked around, I peeked in my uncle's room and noticed that he wasn't there. He still won't be there, right? I grabbed the key to Jonghyun's apartment and quietly opened the door to see that the light from the living room was still turned on. I sneaked myself in and made sure that they didn't see me, who hiding in the hallway.

"And this is the last picture taken from Mina and Hina together" I heard uncle's voice as he showed him a picture. "She used to smile a lot, right? She genuinely seems happy here" Jonghyun said and he nodded. "I wish I see her like that in the future"

I looked at the ground as I heard their conservation for a few more minutes and eventually decided to go back to my room and lay down. For the first time, after waking up in the middle of the night, I fell asleep again. In fact, if uncle wouldn't have woken me up at 7.30 a.m., I might as well have missed my last day of school.

I jumped around the house, getting ready as uncle looked at me and laughed. "I am leaving in a few hours too, have fun," he said and I hurriedly bid my goodbye to him as I left the apartment. He probably forgot that it was a special day today, but I didn't mind since I knew that he was a busy person who has more important things to do than to attend my report card day. It's not even my graduation today.

I headed straight to the assembly hall, knowing that by now, everyone will be there. After I reached there, I saw that everybody was properly standing in their positions, listening to the headmaster's boring speech. "Lastly, I wish all of the graduates best of luck and hope that everyone has a pleasant holiday." I quietly walked where my class was standing, making sure not to draw too much attention to me as he finished his speech.