Chapter 31

Attention: This story will be updated irregularly from now on. 

Because I want to finish this story in June and there will be some more chapters than planned, I will update more often, means as soon as I finish writing a chapter. 

Chapter 31 – Faults and Consequences

Both Jonghyun and I looked at him dumbstruck. What? "I can't believe that you grew up to be someone that beautiful" he complimented, but I was still in shock to answer him back. I don't know why, but I seem to have forgotten many things which happened while I was still with Unni, but now that he mentioned it, I remember her telling me that she has a person whom she'd like to spend the rest of her life with.

"Are you the one who gave her the chain with the key pendant?" I asked. "Yes," he answered with a smile. So, he was the person she cherished the most in the world. "I tried to find you after all that happened," he said, referring to Unni's death. "But I couldn't find you," he said, regret evident in his voice. "I had to live with my Aunt" I clarified and he sadly nodded. "Anyway, let's talk inside" I suggested and we all three walked inside.

It seemed like a typical wedding inside. The hall was decorated very much and people were standing there with their overly expensive clothes and were making some small talks. "I guess you have a lot to talk about with him. I'll leave you alone with him" Jonghyun whispered in my ear and I saw him walk away and greet some guest.

"Can you tell me everything you know about Unni?" I asked. "Of course. I really liked her. We used to go out in high school and by the time we reached University, I proposed to her to marry me. I've always been wondering why she never told me about this guy who was stalking her. She was always smiling and laughing whenever she was with me, but I had no idea what was actually going on" he started.

I could see that he wasn't really feeling well while he talked about it. "If only she hadn't opened the door" Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my heart as I looked at him with guilt. "If she had just called me and told me that there was someone drunken in front of her door" his tears swelled up as he looked at the ground.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him that it was me who had opened the door. I couldn't tell him that it was my fault. At that moment, I realized that I only hadn't taken the life of my sister, but also of a woman who was dearly loved by someone. I looked over at Jonghyun, who was talking to Taemin. He looked at me and smiled at me, but I couldn't smile back. While I took the happiness of someone, I was being here happy, as if nothing had ever happened.

It's my fault.

"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked as he brought me back from my thoughts. A tear rolled down my eyes and I could see that Jonghyun excused himself from Taemin and walked towards me, looking at me worriedly. But before anybody could further talk to me, I walked out. The cold air hit my heated-up face and I wiped my tears away. I heard Jonghyun call after me, but before he could catch up to me, I stopped a Taxi and got in.

I know. I know I shouldn't be behaving like that. I just probably ruined Jonghyun's night. I was looking forward to meeting his father and have a decent talk with his sister, but here I go, messing up everything. I always end up ruining everything. "Miss, are you okay?" the taxi driver asked. I wiped my tears away and smiled at him gratefully. "Yes, thank you" I answered.

After ten minutes, I stopped the driver and got off. I felt like walking home, so I took a deep breath and calmly started walking. I am such an idiot, running away like that. Maybe I should go back and look for Jonghyun. I don't even have my phone with me to call him. At that moment, coincidently, I saw my Aunt passing out flyers on the streets. I walked to her confusedly, wondering why she was doing this. "Mina! Great to see you again. You look great"