Chapter 8

Chapter 8 – Tell us a story

"I am so sorry" he apologized and I looked at him blankly. "People like you disgust me," I said. "Tomorrow will be the final court hearing and I hope that you get a fair punishment," I said and after that, I walked out of the jail. Soon, I walked back home, sitting on the ground while crying. Actually, the police told me that my mother's sister will take care of me from now on, but I don't want to.

After mom and dad passed away none of my relatives agreed to take care of Unni and me. They simply turned their backs on us. Luckily, Unni had turned above the age of eighteen some months ago and she became my legal guardian, but only we know how long we struggled. So why would they suddenly volunteer to be my guardian?

I spend the night at my home and the next day I walked to the court. After hearing them talking about things I didn't even understand finally, the judge voiced her verdict. "Choi Min Jae has been accused of raping and murdering Lee Hana and has confessed his crimes. Considering the fact that Choi Minjae regrets having done these crimes, I sentence him to 30 years of imprisonment"

I closed my eyes as tears streamed down my face. He deserved it.

-

I stared at him blankly. What did I just do? Did I seriously loose on purpose? "Mina lost and Jonghyun won!" Key, the moderator announced. "Seems like she will have to bring him lunch every day" he continued and I put my rocket down. "I guess I will have to bring you lunch every day then," I said and scratched my head. "Sure," Jonghyun said with a cheeky smile.

"Anyway, I am very tired. I should sleep now" I said as I yawned. "Good night, Mina," Daisy said as I left for my room. I laid down on my bed and stared at the pitch black room for some minutes, thinking why I would do that, but soon tiredness took over me and I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up sooner than anyone else. After brushing my teeth, I decided to go for a jog. I ran around the beach and soon across a park, examining my surroundings well. Out of the nowhere, I saw a familiar figure sitting on the bench, looking at the sun which was about to rise.

"What are you doing here, Jonghyun?" I asked as I took a seat next to him. He looked at me surprised and then passed a small smile. "You startled me," he said. I looked at him and somehow he just seemed sad to me. "Why are you so sad?" I wondered. "Why do you always ask questions?" he asked back. "Just answer," I said as I chuckled. "I am not sad, it's just your imagination"

"Liar" I claimed. "I am really not feeling sad" he defended and I looked at him unbelieving. Maybe Taemin was right when he said that he doesn't really tell anyone when he is feeling bad. "You know, you can tell me. Maybe it feels good to let out your inner feelings" I explained. "Says the right one"

If I think about it, he is right. Who am I to say that to him when I don't even share my feelings with anyone? What am I even thinking while saying that to him? "I have a compromise" he suggested and I waited for him to continue. "If you give me the answer to my questions then I will answer yours" I knew that he could ask questions related to my past, but somehow I didn't mind him knowing.

"Sure. But I'll ask first" I said and he nodded. "Why are you feeling down?" I asked. "Well, I just found out that my dad is getting divorced." He said truthfully and made a pause "Again" The only sound that could be heard right now was the sound of the wind passing by. "I mean, she wasn't even my real mother and neither did I like her. I knew that she didn't like me and mistreated me often, but somehow it still hurts that my father never learns. That he never knows the value of the people in his life"