Chapter 6

Chapter 6 – Somebody to rely on 

"I won," I said happily and Unni smiled at me. "It seems like I can never beat you in this game," she said and both of us laughed. Suddenly, the doorbell rang and I don't know why, but I had a bad feeling about it. Unni stroked my hair and went to the door, opened it and once again this scary boy was standing in front of us.

He looked just like the drunken people on the street, just more aggressive and more out of control. In a blink of an eye, he pushed my Unni at the wall and I could hear her cry out of pain. "You are drunk, go home" she whispered but it only concluded to him slapping her. I held my hand in front of my mouth as silent tears strolled down my eyes.

After mom and dad left, Unni was the one who became my only family. After all the pain, we were finally able to smile again. But why, but why did our happiness get interrupted by some outsider?

Suddenly he began dragging her to her room and Unni's eyes widened as she struggled to escape his grip. "Let her go! What are you trying to do?" I screamed as I tried to free Unni. He pushed me away and slammed the door shut.

I tried to open the door, but it was looked. The only thing I could do was hit on the door, scream and hear Unni's cries.

-

Sometimes unexpected things happen in your life. Actually, I had received too many of them, and I was fed up from receiving them, after all, they never resulted in good things, but life thought why it shouldn't send me more of them and Jonghyun gradually entered my life.

Everybody looked Jonghyun surprised, even me after hearing his sudden declaration. "You got it?" he said and looked at the bunch of girls sitting in the corner, probably the main harassers of Daisy. They nodded and Jonghyun smiled while looking at Daisy. "You will tell me if anything happens again, right?" he asked politely and she shyly nodded while trying to hide her light red face.

Wait a second, does she have a crush on him?

Well, they would make a good couple, though. I mean, he is the person who is protecting her, just like in those books and they seem to have a good chemistry.

Later, I went to my perspective class and attended my lessons. In the lunch break, Jonghyun and Daisy were seen together, eating and laughing, while I, on the other hand, was eating far away from them with music plugged on.

"Is our dear Mina lonely today?" Jae Wan asked as he sat across from me. "No, why would I?" I asked confused. "Well, because our ice-queen was slowly melting by Jonghyun, Daisy and me and now, two of them, left. Feels somehow empty" he said and began to eat his food.

"First of all, only I call her Daisy and secondly, this isn't true. I was prepared for everybody leaving me anyway" I said and continued eating too. "Don't sound so dramatic" he said. "But don't worry, I won't leave you" he added and I chuckled.

"Who are you in my life anyway?" I questioned, not expecting an answer. Some seconds later, he replied. "The side character" I looked at him confused and suddenly the bell rang, signaling the end of the lunch break. "What do you mean?" I asked him.

"The side character, who always supports the main character," he said. "And the one who falls in love with her eventually, but doesn't get her anyway" he added jokingly. "Stop kidding," I said and gathered my things. "See you later," I said and walked to my class.

After school, when I passed through the school gate, strangely, I was held back by some unknown boy. "Perhaps ... are you Lee Hina?" he asked and I looked at him suspiciously. "How do you know me?" I looked closely at him, he must be some years older than me.