Chapter 28

Chapter 28 – Limited Time

"What will you study after you have finished school?" I looked at him blankly. "To be honest, I don't know" My legs were a bit hurting because of the activities we had done today and I was sure that as soon as I will sit down, I won't be able to stand up again for at least half an hour. "Really? Don't you have anything at what you are good at?"

"I am a good-for-nothing" I explained. "No, no, no. I am sure that you will start to find interest in something sooner or later. Just wait" he encouraged. Right then, we walked past a ramyun shop and we decided to enter. Once we ordered our food, we sat down and I felt like I could fall asleep anytime from the tiredness. "You want to sleep, right?" he asked as if he had just read my mind.

"Nope, I am wide awake" I denied as I smiled cheekily. "Here you go," the middle-aged woman said as she placed the dishes on the table. "Thank you," I said and blew on the hot steaming food before I took a bite. "They are really good, try them too," I said after I had noticed that he wasn't eating. Instead, he was looking at me as I was enjoying the food.

"You know, you look a bit different nowadays" I stated when he finally started eating. "Like how?" he wondered. "Well, you look like somebody who attends college" I explained and he laughed. "Why are you laughing?" I asked and started laughing too. For a moment we both were laughing, without any reason.  

"So, a college student shouldn't look like one?" he asked. "No, that's not what I mean" I clarified. "You just don't look like a young high-school student anymore" He nodded, understanding what I meant and we continued eating. After having finished, we paid and left. By now, it was already 8.30 p.m.

"There is not much we can do at this time" confirmed and sighed. "That's right, but I've got an idea," he said. On the entire way to the destination, Jonghyun hummed to a song while I quietly listened to it. I wonder if I will ever meet another person, whom I am that comfortable with. When we stopped, I noticed that there was a huge tree, showing his long tree branches and its leaves linked to it. Next to it was a bench and once we sat down on it, it allowed us to the entire city.

"Look up," he said as he pointed at the sky. "Stargazing is the best thing to do at this time" I won't exaggerate and I won't understate, but there was a sufficient number of stars being displayed, shining brightly on its own. "Do you know anything about stars?" he wondered. "Nope" I replied. "Neither do I"

For the following hour, we just sat there, connecting the stars together and hoping for a picture to show up as a result, but we always failed. But lastly, we managed to see a flower in the stars and with satisfaction, we walked back home. All my tiredness had vanished like dust in the air, but I used it as an excuse to walk slower so that we can talk more.

Bungee jumping will definitely be memorable to me, but I guess, just sitting and doing nothing much, except talking and looking at the stars, is just as memorable as an adventure packed day. "Goodnight," he said when we reached home. "Goodnight" I replied and we both entered our respective apartments. Then, I took a shower and as soon as I laid myself on the bed, I fell asleep.

"Wake up!" that were the first words I heard in the early morning. "Taemin!" I whined. "You thought that you'd get rid of me after the holidays? Well, wrongly thought, because I am still here" he said as he sat down on my bed. By now, I wasn't even embarrassed to show him my ugly self in the morning, since he had seen it so many times already.

"Seriously, at what time do you wake up?" I asked after I noticed that it was just 6 a.m. "I don't know. I can't really sleep well for a few months now" he said and then, I noticed that I have also never seen him talking about his personal life. "Why?" I wondered. He ruffled his hair as if he didn't know how he should explain his situation. "Just stuff going on"

That was an obvious answer stating that he didn't want to be asked any further, so I dropped it. "Fine, fine. Now go out, I must get ready" I said, trying to sound normal so that he doesn't feel bad for keeping things in secret. In a matter of a few seconds, he left and without hurry, I got ready. I could already smell the toast being made in the kitchen, so I didn't have to worry about him burning off my kitchen since that was the only thing he could make.

"Thanks," I said after I walked out and joined him on the dining table. He was almost halfway finished when I had arrived and I poured myself some orange juice in my glass. "You should take some cooking classes from Jonghyun or Key," I said, but he just cheeky smiled at me. "What do you even eat at home?" Somehow, I can slowly understand why Jonghyun always kept asking me about myself, back then when I wanted to avoid him.

"Mostly I eat outside. Why?" he asked. "Geez, are you the second Jonghyun? The only difference between you two is that he changed" I deducted. "Who is just like me?" we heard. At that moment, Jonghyun entered. Just like I was in the possession of his keys, he had mine too. "This guy here," I said as I pointed at him. "Morning Taemin"

"Shall we go?" I asked and both nodded. We wore our shoes and Jonghyun dropped us off with his car to our school. First came Taemin's school so he was the first one to go. When he had already got off but was still in sight, I quickly rolled down the window and called after him. "Mister, I expect you to come over and have a proper meal at my place today. No fast food" I screamed and he turned around and gave me a salute as if I was his boss.

"Do you know why he never eats at home?" I asked Jonghyun after Taemin was gone. "To be honest, I don't know. I also noticed that something was off about him after I came back, but I guess something has been going on for a few months" He was just as clueless as me.

Shrugging that matter of, we drove to my school and after that, he went to his university. "Class, you may have come to the realization that your time in here is limited. Soon, exams will come and after that, your school life will be over" the teacher said with a sad smile. "So, make the best out of your last year in here" he added and I looked at the clock, wondering when the lesson will be over. "Class is dismissed"

"Hey Mina, we are planning to do an overnight trip somewhere with the former 12-A. We, students, are organizing it by ourselves and it's not a must to come along. It will take place next week since we have holidays there. Are you interested?" the class president asked me. "The former 12-A? Who is coming from that class?" I wondered curiously.

Of course, I'd be interested, after all, my friends were part of this class. "Here let me show you the list of the people who are coming," she said and took out a sheet of paper. About fifteen names were written on it, but sadly none of the people I was hoping to see on this list were included. "Will some more people come?" I asked.

"Well, there are some more people who might come from this class, but I don't think that anyone else will be joining from the former class. They are all busy, you know" she explained and I nodded. "I know that you wished that your friends would come too" she added. "I would like to go anyway," I said optimistically and she smiled at me. "Great, then I'll send you the exact information later"

So that evening, I got a message from the class president, confirming our trip along with seventeen other people. Everybody, even Jonghyun, and Taemin were busy over the weekend, so I spent it with cleaning, learning and doing some sports. When finally the Monday came, I walked to my school, where we were supposed to meet. "Is everybody here?" I asked the president as soon as I arrived. "Just one more person is missing" she replied with a smile.

"Isn't that our little Hina?" I heard a boyish voice and came face to face with somebody whose name I have forgotten. I don't know why, but Jonghyun's class was always very fond of me, treating me like a sister whenever I entered their class. And now, after seeing them again, I feel a bit guilty for not remembering their name.

"We could never have guessed that you'd be the one who would join this trip," the other one said. "I bet that she joined because Jonghyun is coming too" I playfully hit his shoulder as my jaw dropped. "Geez, he isn't even coming" I defended myself. "What? Didn't you hear from him?" one of them asked. "Hear what?" I wondered. "He just confirmed yesterday night that he is coming along too" "Wait, Jonghyun said so?" I confirmed. How come I didn't know about it?

At that moment, non-other than Jonghyun walked in.

End of Chapter 28