Chapter 3

Chapter 3 – Daisy

"Unni, I am already ten years old! I am big enough to walk back home from school already. Why are you here again?" I asked while stomping my feet. "I see. Then you may walk home alone tomorrow. Now I am already here, so let me escort you today" Unni said while showing me her bright smile. "That's exactly what you said a week ago yet I saw you stalking me from behind the next day!" I exclaimed and pouted. Unni laughed but before she got to reply to me, a person appeared in front of us. "Isn't that our oh-so-popular Hina?" the man with a devilish smile said.

-

"Lee Mina?" the teacher asked. "Present," I said and the teacher continued to check the attendance. "Kim Jonghyun?" he asked. "He is not here. He hasn't come to school for a week now" the honor student answered.

It's been a week now since Jonghyun came over to my house and that was the last time I saw him. Actually, nobody knows why he is absent and I guess that he has just caught the flu or something similar to that. Well, this past week was marvelous since nobody disturbed me and everything became peaceful once again.

"Teach! I can see Jonghyun coming" a girl said and we all turned around to see him walking casually towards us. "Kim Jonghyun, you are too late. What would you do if the train had already left? And mind explaining your previous absence?" the teacher said angrily.

"I'll do that later," he said and walked next to me, not caring about the teacher at all. Yes, you guessed it correctly, we were on the way to our class trip. Currently, we were standing at the railway station where all student are supposed to meet.

"I missed you my darling" Jonghyun said and put his head on my shoulders. Everybody's eyes, including mine, widened at his statement and I quickly pushed him away. "What is wrong with you?" I asked him shocked and I could see everybody watching our scene amusingly and some with jealousy. "I am just stating the fact," he said and pouted.

"I thought you were gone. For good" I emphasized my last sentence. "You won't get rid of me that easily," he said and everybody got into an uproar, reminding me that we were in public. "Enough of your romance drama. The train is here, so get moving" the teacher said and everybody moved into the train.

Inwardly, I was glad that the teacher interrupted this conversation because who knows which words this boy might utter next. I got on the train and searched for free seats to sit. After I finally found one, I sat down, but to my annoyance, Jonghyun sat down next to me.

"Why?" I asked and sighed. "You and I are inseparable," he said and laughed. "Shut up," I said and closed my eyes. That's right, if I keep on being mean to him, he will give up and go away. After all, people tend to give up easily.

After that, I fell asleep. The next moment I woke up, I saw Jonghyun still sitting next to me, asleep with his headphones on. I looked at him closely and noticed that he actually had a sharp jawline; his hair looks soft too. But his irritating personality ruins everything. "Hey, wake up. We are almost there" I said and shook Jonghyun's shoulder. He slowly opened his eyes and looked at me with sleepily.

Ten minutes later, we arrived at our destination. "Welcome to Busan!" the teacher said with a smile. "In this 3 days and 2 nights trip, we will make unforgettable memories" I looked at Jonghyun, who was standing far away from me, and saw that he was looking at me. Strangely, he had a blank expression on his face which made me wonder what was going on in his life and what he was thinking.

"Do you like him?" somebody suddenly whispered in my ear. I quickly glanced the person next to me and saw that it was Jae Wan. "What is wrong with you? Why would I like him?" I asked. "Well, you both are looking at each other so intensely. Something is going on, right?" he said and gave me a goofy smile. "No," I said and hit his head. "Hey, this girl is violent!" he said and provoked me. "If you don't shut up now..."

"Then what?" he said teasingly. "You better run," I said and chased after him while he ran away from me. "Stop it!" the teacher said and stopped both of us. "Let's go to our hotel now," he said and we had a 15-minute walk to our accommodation. "Everybody will stay in a room with a second partner and of course after 8 o'clock boys are not allowed to enter the girl's room and opposite" he instructed strictly.

"You may choose your partner now and after that, come to me and I'll give you the key to your room. Since it is already evening, we won't be doing an activity today" he said I could already see people partnering up. I looked around to see if anybody was alone and saw that a shy girl was standing in the corner, looking nervous. "Do you want to share a room with me?" I asked after I approached her. "Y-Yes" she answered shyly.

"Teach, we will be room-partners," I said and the teacher smiled at me. "I am glad to see that you have made friends," he said. "What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Well, I remember your sister, Hina, had many friends when she used to attend this school. Even though you guys are sisters, both of you are so different. I hope that you open up more and make some good friends. And tell her to visit us sometime! When she started with university she always contacted us but she stopped after a few months."

He probably doesn't know that Hina can never visit them again. Sighing, I took the key and made my way towards the room. "Anyway, what's your name?" I asked. "Kim Hayoon." She whispered. Somehow, we both looked like the opposite. I had jet black hair and pale skin while she had dyed blond hair. I was wearing rather dark colored clothes while she was wearing light colored ones. "My name is-"

"Lee Mina, I know. Everybody knows you" she said and smiled at me. "Really? I didn't know" I said and smiled back. I don't know but she reminded me of my childhood.

"Daisy," I said. "What?" she asked with her cute confused face. She was innocent and pure but not awkward, making me comfortable around her easily, just like a daisy. "I'll call you daisy from now on," I said.

The next day, we were all assembled at the entrance of the hotel when I saw that Jonghyun was looking at me with a sulking face while the teacher was saying some boring stuff. I walked to him and looked at him with curious eyes. "Why are you sulking?"

"So let's go," the teacher said and interrupted our conversation. Wait, where are we going now? Silently, I just followed my class and after some time we reached an amusement park. Strangely, Jonghyun hadn't talked to me the entire day and was still sulking over an unknown reason. "Will you tell me now, why you are sulking?"

"Don't get involved with this guy" he said. "Which guy?" I asked. "The one you were talking to yesterday" he replied. "You mean Jae Wan? I don't even know him personally. Why would I want to get involved with him?"

"Just don't talk to him. No, don't talk to any male species ever" he said. "Sometimes, I don't understand boys," I said and shook my head. "Well, let me tell you straightforwardly. My chest feels strange every time you talk to him and I feel like taking you away from him. So that's why you aren't allowed to leave my sight for the rest of this trip."

"Wait, I decided what to do or not to-" I was cut off by Jonghyun who grabbed my wrist. Why am I getting cut off so often these days? "Stop complaining and let's go. We have to try out lots of things in this amusement park" he said and dragged me with him.

Well, I will certainly enjoy this.

End of Chapter 3

NEXT UPDATE: 25/11/2016