Chapter 26

Chapter 26 – Maybe I was

By the time I woke up, the first thing I saw was Taemin, who was looking at us amused. It took me some seconds to notice that he was snatching some pictures of us; pictures of us sleeping to be exact. "Taemin!" I scolded as I tried to take away his phone, but he was faster and lifted his hand upwards, not allowing me to reach his phone since he was taller than me. I tried jumping but he just looked at me amused as I was reaching out for his device.

"Isn't it lovely? Both of you, sharing the same place to sleep? I couldn't help but capture that moment" he teased and I did the only thing I could. I smacked his leg with my foot and he lost balance and fell down, therefore. "Taemin? Mina? What are you doing?" we both looked at Jonghyun, who was rubbing his eyes and had woken up because of the noise we were making.

"Nothing," I said while Taemin stood up and dusted his jeans. "Should we eat something?" I asked awkwardly. "Sure," he said and stood up. "I'll take a shower before," he said and walked away to the bathroom. "Shall we cook?" I asked Taemin and he shrugged, making me sigh. After I managed to drag him to the kitchen, I instructed him to cut the vegetables and did the rest myself since I knew that he can't do anything except cutting vegetables.

"Do you know what I saw today?" he asked. "Aliens landing on earth?" I joked. "No, I saw Onew today. The funny part is that he was with a girl!" he said. "When he noticed that I was standing across the street, he decided to escape with her! We should investigate" he said as we high-fived each other. "Do you know who I met today?" I asked and he looked at me curiously. "Miss X" I answered.

Since he teased me a lot in the holidays, I didn't let him take the upper hand and messed around with him too. I teased him a lot about the girl whom he had met in the mall, calling her Miss X. "You found her?" Jonghyun asked as he joined us. His hair was wet and he looked lively, compared to some hours ago. "Yes. She's a perfect match for him" I said and this time, it was Jonghyun and me who high-fived. Taemin, who rolled his eyes continued cutting and at that moment, the doorbell rang.

I went to open the door and I was not surprised when I saw that Onew, Minho, and Key had come. "Mina!" Key said as he hugged me. "Key!" I enthusiastically replied as I hugged him back. Somehow, we always did that when we met. "Don't hug her?" Jonghyun said as he came over and pulled us apart with an irritated look.

All of them looked at each other in silence for a few seconds. "Welcome back!" Minho said and all of them jumped at Jonghyun, having their so-called reunion moment. "Guys, I can't breathe" Jonghyun whispered as he tried to break free from them, but they wouldn't let loose. "Why do you only care about Mina, huh?" Key said jokingly. "Too bad," Jonghyun said and all of them laughed.

"Mina, help!" I heard Taemin's cry of help from the kitchen and I hurried to his side to see what he was doing. I took over the stove and saved the food just on time while Taemin looked at me once again with an apologetic smile. "It was my fault. I shouldn't have let you handle it" I said. "Taemin, it seems to be impossible for you to learn cooking" Onew said as all of them entered the living room. They could all see is since the living room and the kitchen was connected, just like in my apartment. "I wonder how many times Mina had to eat your burned food," Minho said jokingly. "Am I missing out something?" Jonghyun asked. "While you were gone, Taemin and Mina have become best friends"

"Ah," he said and sat down on the sofa. "Ah?" Key imitated shocked. "You are fine with it? Don't you feel strange inside?" he wondered. "It's called jealousy" Onew elaborated. "No, why would I? I mean it's Taemin; I've known him since my childhood days and I guess that I can trust both that much" he said and all four boys looked at him as if they had just met a very honorable person. "Nice, Jonghyun" Taemin complimented and I chuckled.