Chapter 33

Last Chapter – Welcome back

"Mina, I have a question" I turned around and looked at her with a smile, waiting for her to continue. "Don't you smile a lot these days?" So Hyun asked teasingly and I laughed. "Anyway, I was wondering if you need any help with moving?" she questioned, doodling on her notebook. "No, thank you. I'm almost finished with my preparation and I know that you just need an occasion to meet Minho" I said playfully, to which she pouted and I turned back around, facing the teacher, who was lecturing us about our upcoming future.

The bell echoed, signaling the end of the school day. I couldn't actually describe it as a school day since holidays have already started, in fact, they were almost over in a few weeks and the seniors were invited over for a last gathering as classmates. I stood up with a pleased smile of what I had done in this past few months and packed my bag.

"Let's go," I said after I bided my final farewell to them and together we walked to our regular ice cream shop, bought the delicacy, and walked back home while the entire way was filled with chatter and laughter. "See you," I said and opened the door to my house and she walked away. "I'm home," I announced, but heard no reply. At that moment, I noticed that no one would be home right now. "Right" I uttered to myself and walked upstairs, to my room.

Somehow, I've grown to like the countryside very much. The peacefulness and calmness are something that puts my mind at ease and relaxes my entire body, allowing me to enjoy every moment I have. I will move out and go back to Seoul in a matter of some months though.

I studied very hard for my final year. Since I was busy with my part time job to help the household, I mostly had to spend my nights with books in my hands. With a lot of effort, I managed to get accepted to the National University of Seoul and I have already talked to my uncle and asked him if I could move back into the apartment I used to live in Seoul, after all, it's his property.

He warmly accepted my request and was glad that everything was going well here. The amusing fact was that he hadn't come back in that apartment since I left, so I know that I have to clean it up very well once I arrive there.

I wasn't that close to my aunt. Of course, after everything that had happened it seems impossible for me to open up to her, but we were close to each other to a certain extent. I wasn't sure if I would be able to leave everything and everyone behind and live well, but time passed gradually and I especially received help from my friends.

Hina and Daisy would often come over at weekends or So Hyun would often spend time at my place. She was my first friend I made here and she also grew to be the closest to me. Besides, the boys also paid a visit quite often. Especially Jonghyun. Somehow, he seems like a family member since he is present at my home every few days.

One day, after I woke up and walked to the kitchen, I saw that to my surprise, he was sitting there, laughing with my aunt and cousin, enjoying breakfast made by my aunt. How he suddenly befriended her is still a mystery to me till this date. After that incident, he was at home often. Sometimes my uncle would invite him over to watch a baseball game and once, my aunt even called him to ask him what color her bedroom should get colored in. Somehow, he grew influential in our family.

Not that I minded.

Coming back to the boys, it's just my assumption, but I suppose that So Hyun has grown a certain interest in Minho, though she never admitted it. So Hyun can be depicted as a young girl, about as tall as me, with a very sympathetic personality. She is very sentimental, another thing she strongly denies and I have already understood that she is the type of person who doesn't like to show her weaknesses and tends to cry somewhere alone rather than to burst out in front of anybody.