Chapter 32

Chapter 32 – Alright

I stared at the door as I closed my bag. I had been packing everything extra slowly, expecting a certain someone to come and talk to me, which didn't happen, but then suddenly, the doorbell rang and I quickly opened the door. The moment I saw Taemin standing in front of me, I noticed that if it was Jonghyun who would have come, he wouldn't have rung the doorbell, instead, he would have opened the door with the key he was in possession off.

"Don't look so disappointed," he said as he entered and walked straight to the couch. "So, it's true" he voiced as he gazed at my belongings, which had been neatly packed into a bag. "You really are going" I simply smiled at him apologetically and sat down next to him on the sofa. "To be honest, it feels odd to go and leave everything behind"

"I should go and talk to him," he said and stood up, but I grabbed his wrist, preventing him from going. "Just leave it" I suggested and he sat down on the sofa again. My phone vibrated and I looked at my phone to see that my Aunt had messaged me.

We are waiting outside.

"Will you help me to bring my luggage outside?" I questioned and he nodded. "Sure" While I carried my duffle bag, Taemin kindly carted my suitcase while he continuously kept talking about ice cream, which I notice he often does whenever he feels down. "Taemin, it's all right. I know that you love chocolate chip ice cream" I said when we finally arrived where my aunt and her family was waiting. "You really want to leave without having talked to him one last time?"

A silent nod was enough for him to comprehend that I didn't want to discuss with him about this topic furthermore. "Alright. Call me if you need me" he said as I got into the car. Everybody except my uncle, who was putting my bags in the trunk, were in the car, not disturbing our conversation. I rolled down the window and looked Taemin one last time. "I am not leaving for eons. I'll visit often" I ensured and he nodded.

When the finally started to move, I turned around and studied the view carefully. The sight of the place I live and Taemin, who was standing there silently, with his hands in his pockets as he gazed at the car. "Have you eaten yet, Mina?" my cousin asked as she offered me half of the piece of bread she was eating. "I am not hungry, but thank you," I said, though in reality, I hadn't eaten since yesterday noon and I was feeling empty and weak inside.

It took us some hours, including the breaks we made to eat or drink, to get to our destination. It was a small village, near Incheon, next to the ocean, where not too many nor too fewer people lived, and to my surprise, I saw many students on the streets, who were about the same age as me. Besides, I wouldn't call it a surprise, but my aunt's good behavior towards me was still something unusual to me as well.

The rest of the day was spent with unpacking and the arrangement of the house we had bought. I hadn't known that a spacious house in the countryside would be of the same value of a cramped apartment in the cityside and one by one, as I started to observe every little detail around me, I started to comprehend as to why this family had left Seoul and decided to live here instead.

The following days, I noted that the groceries were more inexpensive than I knew it could be and that receiving dishes from your kind neighbor from next door, was a pretty common thing here. Today, on my fifth day after my arrival, I got administrated into the 12th class and started being a student in the only high school in this village.

I was introduced to my new class, which consisted of half of the number of the student from my old class. Unlike in my old class, the people here seem very nice and modest, but I don't think that I know them enough to voice out whether my first impression will stay or not, after all, I can't judge them based on the very little information I have obtained.

It took Jonghyun very little time to call me. Taemin probably told him as soon as I left, and that resulted in him calling me ten times, but I couldn't answer because it was put on silent and I was busy unpacking my bags. By the time I had noticed his missed calls, I called back, but sadly this time, he didn't pick up. Our game of calling each other, but not picking up was slowly getting tiring since it had been going on for a few days now, making me wonder why we were always missing out on each other. Sure, we could take per text messages, but both of us knew that our matter was not something to discuss by messages.

Our current situation is looking like this: I called him before leaving for my new school, but he didn't pick up and I left. The entire day, I was waiting for his call, but he didn't call me back. Since messaging was my only choice left, I wrote some to him, asking him if he had the time to call me today, but to my vain, there were no answers, making me wonder what was actually going on.

By 7 p.m., I was alone at home. My aunt and my uncle were still in their newly opened shop, trying to make as many sales as possible and my cousin had gone off to her new friend, apparently to study. While I was copying down some important notes, which seem to be of high importance for my upcoming exams, as my new friend, who had lent me these papers, said, the entire room was being echoed by my music as I hummed along.

When I heard somebody ringing the doorbell downstairs, I quickly turned down the volume and glanced at myself in the mirror, to make sure that I was looking proper enough since I was sure that it must be our neighbor and I knew that the probability that my relatives were outside, waiting for me to open the door, was very much unlikely. After all, it hadn't even been a good fine week since we have arrived here, I should at least make sure that they receive a good opinion about me.

As soon as I plastered a smile on my face, I opened the door, but it soon fell as I saw an unexpected person standing in front of me. "Why are you so shocked?" Jonghyun asked as he gazed at me as if him turning up here was completely normal. "Why don't you...?"

"Come in?" he completed my sentences and I nodded as I stepped aside. "So how is it going?" he asked as he casually sat down on the couch as if he had been here often. "Alright," I answered. "And how is it going back in Seoul?" I questioned back. "Alright," he said and I nodded.

Both of us stared at each other awkwardly until we broke out in an unreasonable laughter.

I sat down next to Jonghyun and a sigh of relief escaped from my mouth. I was glad that the awkwardness soon vanished between us. "Seriously, it's been really weird without you" he admitted. "Well, it can't be helped, I am just splendid" I self-praised myself jokingly. At that moment, I heard someone opening the door with the key and I knew that it had to be my aunt along with my uncle. "Hide"

"What? Why?" he asked confused. I grabbed his arm and dragged upstairs and closed the door as soon as we entered my room. "Why should I hide from them?" he wondered. "If you don't remember anymore, you aren't really on good terms with my aunt" I clarified. "Right"

"Anyway, I'll be back" I excused myself and walked downstairs, to see them cooking something for dinner. "Let me help," I said and joined them. I tried to go up again and check if he was doing fine, but I didn't get the chance and even after the cooking, I had to eat with them. When we were finished, they left and I could finally go upstairs, along with some food.

When I entered the room, I saw Jonghyun resting on the bed, his eyes closed, sleeping soundlessly. I place the tray on my desk as I quietly walked towards him and sat down next to him, debating with myself whether I should wake him up or not. "Do you know that even if you are sleeping, you notice that someone is staring at you and wake up as a consequence?" I heard a husky voice say. I cleared my throat in embarrassment and just looked at away, though he hadn't even opened his eyes while he had talked to me.

Way to go.

He turned around, facing the wall. "I'm sorry" he suddenly apologized and I tried to look at him, but since he was facing the wall, I couldn't. "Say what?" I asked playfully. "I'm sorry," he said again, a bit louder this time. "I couldn't quite hear you" I teased. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm and pulled me next to him so both of us were lying next to each other. "Just sleep," he said and I chuckled. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as smiled. "I'm sorry as well"

End of chapter 32

Didn't I troll you guys pretty much with the 'last possible memory'? xD