Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Someone who will open the door

"Unni, he is scary," I said and sighed. "Don't worry, he won't do anything to you, I'll protect you" Unni said and made me smile. "Open your hand," I said cheekily. Unni slowly opened her hand, looking at me in anticipation and I grinned after I handed her my hand-made necklace. "I made this in school for you"

"That's so sweet, I'll really appreciate it. Now it's my turn to give you a gift" she said and removed her pendant necklace from her collar and tied it up on mine. It was a simple chain with a key as a pendant. "Why don't you give that to someone important in your life later?" she asked. "Huh, what do you mean?" I asked confused. "You are the only important person in my life," I said. "No, I mean when you grow up. When you find someone who will open the door for you"

-

I might admit that I never hated him. And I might admit that I liked the fact that he never lies to himself, unlike me, and is true to his feelings. And maybe, I was sometimes, may I stress the word sometimes, nice to him because he was the first person who approached me and accepted me as who I am, but all of it had its limits.

Eating instant Noodles at his house while watching a comedy show and laughing occasionally clearly crossed the limits. Heck, even strolling in the amusement park was a mistake.

If I give a quick reminder, we were not in a friend-friend type of relationship. He just randomly confessed to me a few weeks back that he has fallen for me, which I utterly do not believe since he only knew my name back then. Sometimes, I wonder if he still feels the same towards me.

"I still like you," he said and I turned to him wide-eyed. "You're so easy to read. Your question has been answered now" he casually said and continued watching TV and eating his food. "What is wrong with you?" I said and threw a pillow at him. "How can you say that so easily?"

"You know, your one nice gesture to help me was enough for me to fall for you. And when it comes to feelings, I never find it tough to express myself" he said. "It's getting late. I have to go now" I got up, took my belongings and made my way towards the door. It's better if I distance myself from him. "Sure, come again. This place seems more like a home when you're here" That were the last words I heard before I left.

I don't believe him. He says everything so easily as if he says these sentences to everyone. I shake my head and clutched on my chain so that these thoughts leave my mind and soundlessly walk back home.

The next day, I was greeted by Jae Wan in the recess. He was sitting right in front of me, staring at me deeply. "Can you stop staring? I am trying to eat" I stated and continued eating. "You are so hard to read. Even if I look at you for long, I still don't know what you are thinking.

"Well, that's the difference between you and me" Jonghyun pronounced as he joined us. Both of them had a staring contest for some seconds until Jae Wan removed his glare and continued eating. "If you really know her that well, then what is she thinking now?" Jae Wan replied challenging. "You guys really are stupid. Why don't you just continue eating without arguing?"

Finally, they listened to me and resumed eating in silence but this peacefulness only lasted a while because suddenly, a very fashionable and confident woman, around her mid-twenties entered the cafeteria. Everyone's eyes darted at her and it seemed like she was looking for someone. Once she saw our table, she smiled and walked towards us.

"Kim Jonghyun. What have you done now?" she asked and everyone looked at him. Surprisingly, Jonghyun looked concerned and nervous. Is that the Jonghyun I know? Jonghyun stood up, looking at her face to face, but failed to reply to her. Some seconds later he spoke. "You know that I didn't do it purposely"