Chapter 18

Chapter 18 – Stolen

Where the heck did this guy go? I pulled my blanket over myself and wiped out the tear which was about to escape from my eyes. Everything passed by so quickly, that I wasn't even understanding anything at all.

-

"I guess I have to let go. Even if I don't want to. "For some seconds, there was silence. "What do you mean?" I finally asked, knowing that something was going terribly wrong. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand again and we started walking in no known direction. Jonghyun was leading the way and I was just being dragged by him. Soon, dusk started to fall rapidly and by now, I was so exhausted that I could barely walk, moreover I felt like crying. None of us had uttered one word since our strange last conversation.

"There you are!" we heard Daisy's voice. I turned around and saw that all of them were rushing towards us, some looking delighted and some concerned. Daisy jumped on me and crushed me into a hug, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to return her friendly gesture, because I was too tired.

"We searched for you guys for very long and since we couldn't find you, we decided to continue our search in the morning" Minho explained, but neither Jonghyun nor I were paying attention. "I have to go now"

Everybody looked at Jonghyun surprised. "What do you mean? We still have a day left" Jae Wan said and he shook his head. "Sorry guys, I have to leave now" Onew, Minho, Key and Taemin looked at each other, as if they were telepathing, and Onew nodded his head, leaving me wondered what they were actually doing. "I'll bring Jonghyun back with my car. The rest can leave later"

-

I didn't see him again. Some hours later, we left for Seoul too, but after I came back home, he wasn't there. I phoned Onew and asked him where he had dropped Jonghyun off and he said, that Jonghyun had asked him to bring him back to the hotel he used to stay. I even went to the hotel; however, he wasn't there anymore. Unfortunately, nobody had seen him on Sunday, leaving me with another sleepless night.

It was already five a.m. and I knew that I won't be able to fall asleep, so I decided to use that time instead and clean up the apartment. I took a shower, made breakfast and left for school. My only hope to see him was in school, but to my disappointment, he didn't come there either.

"Mina, could you at least pretend that you are listening to me?" I finally looked at Daisy who was telling Jae Wan and me a story. "Sorry guys, I have to leave now," I said and packed my things. "It's only lunch time. Do you want to ditch the remaining classes?" Jae Wan asked, but I didn't answer because he knew what my answer would be.

I hurriedly walked to this one place, where I was sure I could get answers from. As soon as I was in front of that familiar house, I took a deep breath and rang the doorbell. The same women looked out of the window, probably confirming if it's not Jonghyun, who shows up here every day and after some seconds, she opened the door, looking at me with a friendly expression. "Yes, please?"

"I am sorry to disturb, but there are some questions I am curious about," I said and waited for her approval to continue. "I am sure that you know who Kim Jonghyun is" I started and suddenly, she shut the door, but luckily, I had put my foot in between, not allowing her to close, which had really hurt by the way, since she had slammed the door aggressively.

I swallowed the pain which was erupting in my foot and forced a smile. "It would be nice if you could answer me," I said and as she looked at me a mixture of sadness and annoyance was evident in her eyes. "Isn't that enough what he has done to us?" she asked frustrated.