Chapter 22

Chapter 22 – Nice to know the other side of yours

"I know that already, idiot," I said and smiled. Suddenly, the door was pulled open and revealed the boss from this shop, looking at us confused. "What are you doing here? Go home already!" he said and stepped aside, signaling us to get out. Jonghyun grabbed my hand and smiled at me. "Let's go"

"I wonder what time it is," I asked as we walked out of the shop. "Let me see," he said and took out his phone from his pocket. "It's 9 o'clock" I looked at him shocked and bewildered. "You had your phone with you the entire time? Why didn't you tell me so when we were locked up!" I said and freed my hand from his. "Well, you didn't ask me," he said and grasped my hand again. "I hate you!" I said and removed my hand and from his.

"I know you don't" he replied with a grin. "Anyway, let's go home now," he said and we both walked home while he was happily humming to a song and I looked exasperated. One more reason to pay back.

By the time it was ten o'clock, I was sitting at home, wondering if I should pick up the ringing phone or not. "Yes?" I said after I answered. "Finally, you once picked up the phone call" I heard my Aunt's cranky voice from the other line. "I didn't feel like answering your call," I said bluntly and I could hear her sigh in annoyance.

To be honest, it felt nice to tell her what I thought. Not suppressing my thoughts in front of people like her was something I had learned from Jonghyun. Of course, you shouldn't be disrespectful, but you shouldn't let other people take advantage of that. That is what my Aunt had been doing till now.

"What do you need?" I asked, getting to the point as to why she was calling me. "Can we meet up?" she asked and this time, it was me who sighed. "No" I replied. "I don't want to see you"

"Please," she said and to be honest, I was surprised. It was the first time she pleaded in front of someone like me, who was of no value to her. "Fine," I said, letting my guard a little bit down. "You can come over at my place tomorrow" I suggested and she agreed, leading me to hang up soon after.

The next day, around 8 o'clock, when I was still asleep, someone impatiently rang the bell again and again. I open the door with a growl, ready to slaughter the person who had dared to disturb my sleep on a Sunday. I was not surprised as I saw that Kim Jonghyun was standing in front of me.

"Guess what happened," he said as he casually entered. Next, he walked to the fridge, took a drink and made himself comfortable on the sofa. "I know. You pestered me that much that I had no other choice than to get rid of you" I said sarcastically as I snatched the drink he was drinking from away, took a mouthful of it and sat down as well.

"No, I went to visit Min Jae's family today," he said and I looked at him curiously. "It's been quite a while when I was there the last time" he added. "Did she throw you out?" I asked. "No, that's the amazing thing. She welcomed me in, offered me a drink and we had a small chat" he explained and I looked at him impressed. "Seems like your apology is slowly being accepted"

"When we talked, I noticed that she didn't know what Hyung had told me in the hospital," he said. "Wait, you talked to him in the hospital?" I wondered. The fact that he casually called him Hyung surprised me, to be honest too. Were they close? "You didn't know that?" he asked. "If you would have told me, I would know" I simply said and leaned back. "Well then, let me tell you," he said and leaned back as well.

"I used to fight with my father a lot and therefore, I would always go out and wander around, not knowing what to do. Once, I just entered a random school and went to the rooftop. There I met Hyung who was ditching classes and befriended myself with him. Soon, I began to visit him regularly and shared all my worries with him.