Chapter 10

Chapter 10 – Sleep well

"Stop your drama and start working," she said as she took the blanket from me. I, who was laying on the futon, looked at her with my red eyes. "I am not pretending, I am actually ill" I defended and she passed me an unconvinced look. "Sure, sure, now get up. Do you think dinner will come flying here?"

"Yes," I said weakly and stood up. My tiny room didn't have a heater, making the room ice cold. Heck, it didn't even have a bed, I have to sleep on a futon every day. "Geez, you are such a pest. If it wasn't for the money, I never would have taken you in. I want to throw you out as soon as possible but the amount you receive from the government is just too much" she said harshly and I looked at her shocked. "W-What? Did you really mean that?" I asked. She didn't reply to me and walked away.

I should have known that. People are just greedy, doing things for their own advantages. I knew that she probably didn't take custody of me because she pitied me or that she had enough humanity not to see her relative on the street, but the reality still hurts.

-

"Did I hear correctly?" he asked shocked. What am I even talking about? "What am I doing?" I asked myself as I rubbed my head. "I must be going crazy because of the fever" I murmured and he looked at me thoughtfully.

"I don't think that it's a bad idea. I want to hear about it in detail" he said. "Like I said, I spouted nonsense and I take my offer back," I said. "Come on" he pleaded with his puppy eyes and I couldn't help but stare at them. "No" I managed to say in this distraction. "For once you said something helpful but you took it back right after you said it"

"Maybe because it was a mistake" I explained and he just looked at me like a kid who didn't receive his candy. For some seconds, neither of us spoke, him giving me time to consider and I actually doing so.

"Well, you could use my uncle's room since he only comes back once in many months," I suggested. "But I would never allow that" I added. "And I could compensate you half of my pay from my part time job"

"And because you would pay me I wouldn't have to look for a part-time job," I said and he nodded while smiling. "Wait, why do you need a part-time job?" he asked. "I am a little short on money" I explained. "Anyway, that could be the solution to our problems," he said and I nodded. "But that will never happen"

"Seriously? Just give in now. It was your idea, to begin with"

"Don't you think it's a bit reckless to live with a boy?"

"But it's just me. You know me really well"

"It's you, that's exactly why I am against it"

"It's final now, I am living here from today on"

"I never agreed to!"

"Anyway, I have to go to school now. You better get ready too" he said and I tied my hair into a bun. "If I think about it, my clothes are still at Onew's house. I better pick them up" he added and rushed outside. With that, he left and I got myself ready for school while thinking if it was really a good idea to let a boy stay here. To add spice to the dish, it's not any usual boy, it's Kim Jonghyun we're talking about.

Strangely, Jonghyun, Jae Wan nor Daisy came to school, leaving me bored in class and lunch time. Jonghyun was probably busy with the moving matter but I wonder what the other two are doing. I sighed and took another spoonful of my spaghetti.