Chapter 12

August
I went to my moms house to see the family before I leave. Me and Rose been sleeping in separate rooms but aye it's cool. At least I have her by my side. I pulled up at the house and my brothers was here. So I guess mom I'm there too. I got out and walked in the house. Since my brothers was in the living room I decided to talk to them first.
-convo-
August: What's good y'all?
Travis: Not shit. What's good with you?
August: I'm not good. I'm going away for awhile. Rose and I think it's best.
Melvin: You and Rose? Who the fuck is that?
Travis: Ohh you didn't know? That's his wife.
Melvin: You married this girl and didn't tell anybody?
August: The family met her already. She's a nice smart girl. You should have been here when I brought her.
Melvin: So what about the wedding?
August: She didn't want a family wedding. Just our closest friends and us. That's all.
Travis: Tell him what mom said.
August: She said boy you must be out of your mind. We wanted to be there. Melvin and Travis don't know any better to settle down. You the first man to get married in our family. You don't think that's important.
Melvin: *laughs* That's moms for ya. I plan to get married just not now. I ain't in no rush.
Travis: I don't even have a girlfriend.
August and Melvin: *laughs*
Travis: Shit ain't funny. Melvin you have three little girls. August you about to have 4. Y'all got a family and can't even get y'all shit together. Y'all got some good women. Women that love y'all to death. And both of y'all repay them by cheating, and lying. Y'all need to get y'all shot together. Before y'all lose those women. And your family.
-ends-
Damn. As bad as I don't want to admit it I have too. He's right. We are going to lose everything we love if we don't get our shit together. Fuck all these hoes. I want Rose and my family. That's what is important. I'm not leaving. I changed my mind. I just want to start over and get it right on my own. Starting with Rose. I went home and she was walking outside around the house. My babies will be here soon. I walked to her and she looked away from me. I grab her had softly. I'm ready to show her the man that she wants and need. I'm ready to be that man. I was leaving today but on my way home I called and told them that I've changed my mind.
-convo-
Rose: You ready to go.
August: No. I canceled. I'm not leaving.
Rose: August you-
August: Let me finish. I changed my mind about going. Reason is that because I love you. I don't need no place to help me do what's right for my wife or family. I did you wrong all those times because I didn't know what I had. I realized that I have a great woman and all she wanted was a good man. Rose I married you to show you that I'm faithful. Because I am. I chose to fuck over you. But baby girl my mind is so focused on us. Our family. Y'all are first. Fuck these hoes. It's me and you in this thing until death do us part. And I'm going to keep my word, my vows I made to you on our wedding day. I love you Rose Alsina.
Rose: I don't know what to say. *tears up* I don't even know how to feel. You hurt me August. What if Tammy's pregnant? What if our son doesn't make it? I just left the doctor and you know what he said about him? That he's back on the line of dying. Because I've been stressed. Because I cried so many nights over you. His heart rate is also low. I can't make it worst by crying over a man that's not committed to me. I love you August. I believe that you will make this right. But it starts here at home. Your children are first. Not anybody else. Tammy and Linda need to know their places and that's baby momma. Nothing more nothing less. I need to know that your heart is set in this marriage. I love you too August Alsina Jr.
-ends-
I kissed my wife. I made my runs with my baby mommas and told them where we stand and we all agreed to co-parent. Y'all I need to get this right. I'm risking everything I love for this last chance with Rose.