Chapter 18

Tammy
I haven't heard from Rose in a while so I decided to go to her house. Of course I have Asia. She's been sick a lot lately so she not in school. When I got to Rose house I seen August car there. Lord I wish Rose would leave him alone. I got Asia out and went to the door. I knocked and August opened the door. Ugh. Now I'm really getting upset.
-convo-
August: What you want?
Tammy: I'm not here for you. This isn't your house to be even asking me what I want.
August: Look she busy come back never iight.
Tammy: Rose! Come get your dog!
Rose: August move. Let her in.
August: Give me my baby. Why she not in school.
Tammy: *gives Asia to him* She's sick. You would know that if you was a good father. *walks in the house* Rose why he's here.
August: Fuck you asshole.
Rose: *looks at August* Girl I love him. *looks back at Tammy* I know he's not the best but he's all I really want.
Tammy: Yea but he's just gonna keep hurting you.
Rose: Enough about me. What's going on with you? What wrong with small self over there?
Tammy: She's sick. She asking questions and I'm afraid to tell August because he's going to flip out and it's hard to calm him down.
Rose: Tammy. You're like my sister. So you know I know it's more to her just being sick. What's really going on?
Tammy: My boyfriend well ex boyfriend raped her. Now she- *tears up* she's uhm. She has an STD. And she has cancer. I'm in and out of the hospital with her. School calling me asking me is everything okay with her. I can't do any of this anymore.
Rose: First of all where is this guy that raped her?
Tammy: Walking the streets free. Like the police doesn't even care. She's 5 and have no Justice for what that man done to her.
Rose: You have to tell August. Imma give y'all some time.
-ends-
Rose got up and walked out the kitchen. She took Asia from August and point to my direction. She walked to her room and he got up and walked to the kitchen. Now I was nervous. I didn't know what to say or expect from him. But I know I have to tell him why Asia is sick and he was gonna ask questions about why she's acting the way she is. So I was gonna try to buy some time and tell him before he could ask. He sat at the table and looked at his hands. So I guess I better say something first.
-convo-
Tammy: I need to explain some things about Asia that you might be wondering.
August: She cries when I touch her. That's not my daughter. What the hell is going on Tammy. Don't beat around the bush.
Tammy: She was raped by my ex boyfriend and has an STD. And she have cancer.
August: You let a nicca around my child! Then rape her! What the fuck is you problem! I told you not to have a nicca around my fucking daughter! *grabs her* Are you fucking dumb!
Tammy: I didn't mean for that to happen August! I have a dating life too! Not just be single while you live your life!
August: You can date! Just don't have nicca a around my motherfucking child! Look at what happened! *slaps her* You don't fucking listen!
Rose: August stop! It's not her fault! Please calm down! That little girl is in there fighting for her life both ways. She needs her father. Now more than ever.
August: Shut up Queen! You need to know your place! And over here isn't it!
Rose: *slaps him* My place is with that little girl! I'm going to support her and I'm going to help you because I'm your wife! That's my place! Now get over there and take care of her!
-ends-
August did just what she said. Deep down he knew she was right. I knew she was right. My little girl is fighting for her life in ways a child should never go through. I love her. I would do anything to take care of her. I know it's hard but I'm not giving up. I love her. I needed somebody to support me and with August and Rose I have that. They have their own children to worry about but they're making time for mines. I'm grateful to have them. Other than August slapping me.