Chapter 22

August
I know I made her mad. I really didn't feel bad about it. I started worrying when it was time for me to go and she wasn't here. I was calling her phone but it rung here letting me know she left it. Fuck. Now how I'm suppose to check on her. I put my shoes on and called my neighbor to watch the children for me. When she came I left. Rose going to make me miss my flight. My phone rang. Hell who the fuck calling me.
-phone convo-
August: Hello.
???: How are you today?
August: Good. Who am I speaking with?
???: This is Dr. Burns. Are you Rose Alsina'a husband.
August: Yes I am. Is my wife okay?
Dr.Burns: uhm no. She had a really bad car wreck and they have her in ICU.
August: iight I'll be there.
-ends-
Fuck fuck fuck fuck! I rushed to the hospital as fast as I could. When I got there my neighbor had already gotten my children here. Rose mom, brothers, father, and aunt was here. They better not start some shit man for real. I walked in the waiting room and all eyes was on me. Like the fuck I didn't make her wreck. I wasn't driving.
-convo-
August: Can I help y'all?
Mrs. Walters: Because of you my child is in here dying! Yes you can help me! Why is she in there fighting for her life and that baby's life and you're out here! What happened?!
August: We had an argument. She left and now we here.
Ken: Nicca you don't think! She fucking pregnant and fighting for both lives right now!
Damion: You got yours coming bet that shit! On set fuck boy!
August: Man what y'all nicca want to do then! I'll knock both you bitch niccas out! Run up!
Mrs.Walters: All of y'all sit down! My child, your wife, your sister is fighting for her life and y'all can't get alone. I'm hurting to pull this shit together! Right now!
-ends-
They sat their big asses down and I walked to the front desk. I'm trying to get any information I can. But as always they won't tell me nothing. I walked back to the others and waited. About 3 hours had went by and we still waiting. I feed the children already so now they playing. At least they haven't asked questions I can't answer. I was leaning against the wall. I missed my plane but aye family first. I canceled the meeting anyway. When I found out my wife was here. Two more hours went by and we still haven't heard nothing. I sat down and put my hands over my face. I was now aggravated. These motherfuckers need to get out here and tell me what's going on with my wife. When I looked up the doctor was coming in.
-convo-
Dr.Burns: Alsina Family.
August: That's us. Is my wife and baby okay.
Dr.Burns: yes and yes. Your wife is beaten up pretty bad. Her arm was broken, leg was broken in two places and a bruised rib. The baby is doing fine. We had to remove her as soon as we could. She was born early so we going to keep her until further notice. We also keeping your wife until she is able to take her baby home and doing well enough to release the both of them.
August: Can I see her?
Mrs. Walters: Hell no!
Dr.Burns: I'm sorry ma'am but he's her husband. He has to go first. *looks at August* follow me.
-ends-
I followed the doctor to room 432. I walked in and Rose was holding the baby. I sat next to her and really didn't have anything to say. I just looked at my baby girl. She was so little. Born 4 months early all because of a stupid argument and a fucked up accident. Rose couldn't really look at me. Hell I don't blame her. I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to beat my ass. I stood up and walked to the window. I couldn't help but think. What if she would have died? What is my baby would have died? Hell what if they both would have died? My life was flashing before me. I knew I had to get my shit together. Not just my past life but my future as well. I sat back down and looked at Rose. Then I looked at my baby.
-convo-
Rose: Her name is Nevaeh.
August: Cool.
Rose: You want to hold her?
August: Nope. I'm good.
Rose: Look August. I know I owe you an explanation and a apology.
August: What was you thinking? Driving 90 miles per hour? You wasn't thinking about the baby you was being selfish.
Rose: Let's not start on being selfish. I didn't what I thought would make you happy! You not happy with me or our baby so why should I stay? You want to go there with me being selfish. Let's take a trip down memory lane! You was the one hiding a baby and a baby momma! Then get Linda pregnant! Cheats on me with nasty hoes like her! Then went back to fuck them both! Leaving me alone with twins when they was first born! And I'm fucking selfish?!
August: Calm down. I didn't mean that like that.
Rose: Just stop. I don't want to fuss.
August: *kisses her* don't be mad baby. I'm sorry for everything. I swear going to get better. For you and our children.
-ends-
I went and got the children and they was all excited to see their little sister. Now im ready for them to come home. I gotta buy some stuff to get Nevaeh room together.