Chapter 1

Many picture greatness in many ways. An athlete winning at the Olympics, a heroic firefighter who saved a dozen lives, a little kid with big ambitions to become an astronaut and actually does it. Things like this make people nearly seem superhuman. What about real superheroes?

No. Not comic superheroes but real life superheroes. Ones you actually see flying overhead, saving the day, everyday, who still juggle the whole two identity drama and fit in with everyone else. Wouldn't it be so cool to be a hero like that?

The point is all these superheroes such as Bolts, Dark Matter, Magma, Hydra and Giga Tide. These guys were natural at their jobs and boy they did it with ease. The city of Sierra was never the same after the sudden retirement of Captain Nova, a former superhero who fought for the coastal city.

Girls would still fangirl over him and the present heroes. No kidding, there was their number of male fanboys who got excited with those supers. Half of the guys were amused but weren't so happy when their 'girls' would bend over backwards for the superheroes.

Specially the one in the gray and blue spandex flying superhero Bolts. He seemed to be the main attraction. So many stories lingered about him saving several girls from school. The cologne the guy wore was the very same for every girl he had saved.

To be honest, you'd expect the guys to get into their fair share of trouble but for some strange reason all the girls seemed to be the ones in more danger. No, don't get it wrong. There were times Bolts had to save some guys from their burning cars or near fatal situations.

Maybe it was just the girls who made a bigger drama about it. Any who, these superheroes had their fair amount of villains and close calls. Point was that these villains were getting stronger every year and now the superheroes were forced to up their game.

Many superheroes got cocky at times but never took into consideration the abilities of the older and more wiser heroes. Only Bolts and Dark Matter did this with Captain Nova, who was actually their mentor.

Bolts and Dark Matter's crew consisted of the nerd squad, Derek Steelmon , Raymond Connelly and Professor McClain. Aaron Steele, A.K.A Captain Nova was the mentor. Besides their job as their team, they were quite fascinated or obsessed (mainly Ray) of space.

Back in the late 80s, Ray actually worked with NASA with Professor McClain trying to capture a blue energy coming from a neighboring galaxy. This energy had last been seen 11 years ago in the Textile Mill Fire. Ray was a firefighter at the time and he barely made it out alive that one time.

After that, the blue energy went into hiding and was never seen again. Now it was up to Sierra City's superheroes to defend their city from the evil bad guys. Except, there is more headed their way than they all bargained for.

Justin Bartha as Derek Steelmon
Idris Alba as Aaron Steele
Michael Fassbender as Raymond Connelly