Chapter 2 (Edited)

"You already settled in," Naomi Tolson laughed, stepping into her daughter's room. Pushing her shoulder's down, Bridget extended her hands outwards. "Wow, I'm impressed."

"About time we got a house," she quipped. It was true. This was their first stable home. For years the Tolson's live off cheap motels, hotels and even a RV. There wasn't much they did except for working, which explained their lifestyle. Bridget didn't mind when she was younger but the older she got, the more it hurt. New towns, new people, losing the new friends she would manage to make. It was all a vicious circle. "I was thinking maybe I could even get a sofa here-."

"Wouldn't be a bad idea," Naomi crossed her arms, standing next to her. "Maybe a light gray?"

"Red," Bridget shook her head. "Definitely red."

"Of course," Naomi smirked, walking towards the window. She scoffed, shaking her head. "Look at that father of yours, still stubborn as the day I met him."

"What is he-," Bridget watched her father struggle with pulling the desk out of the moving truck.

"Go give him a hand," Naomi nodded. Bridget didn't even think twice before hopping over her balcony, to the ground below. She cleaned her hands on her pants, walking over to her father.

"Dad," she jogged towards him, putting her hand on the desk. "Hey, I got it."

"No, I got it," he chuckled a nervous sweat. Bridget smirked, taking the desk with one hand before picking it up with some effort. Standing back, Lucas watched her take the desk herself into the house. He quickly looked around in habit. There was nothing there was green grass and the ocean at the distance. No one is around, he told himself. Closing his eyes, Lucas inhaled a shaky breath, forcing a smile when his daughter looked back at him.

"Hey," Naomi called out. "You're going to be late for school!"

"I'll be there on time," Bridget called out. Surely, she was. 

Being a city known for heroes, this school knew how to spend their money wisely. The marble floors were something to look at. They looked so clean that it was a shame to actually walk on them. Who knew a high school would have marble floors? Not once had she seen that. Not to mention the size of the place. She had a hard time just trying to find the one thing that was suppose to be easy to find, the office. 

"Hey where-," Bridget leaned over to some girls talking to one another. The girls glared over at her before walking off. A heat flushed through her before forcing herself to calm down. "Office... where is the stupid office?"

After nearly twenty minutes of searching, Bridget happened to stumble into the office. Standing somewhat nervously at the front desk, she waited for someone to attend to her. Bustling ladies scurried back and forth like little bees trying to get everything done. First day of school hysteria is what it was.

"Hi," a vivid brown eyed girl hopped up from behind the desk, nearly giving her a heart attack. "Maddie Evans at your service! You are new? Yup, you sure are. You've got the whole new girl face right now. See you like our school!"

"Yeah I-."

"Well you must be Bridget Tolson," Maddie rested her leg over her other knee bending over to glance at the computer screen better. "Yeah that's you. Your schedule is right here."

Bridget kept her mouth shut as Maddie handed her the sheet. Bridget was about to say something when Maddie clapped her hands.

"You are right! School map," Maddie pulled out a laminated brochure. Maddie unfolded it, facing Bridget. "So these are the buildings and on your schedule there is either a M,E,S,H or G besides the number. These are the letters that represent where the class is at. So for example your first class is S-23, that would be Science building, class number 23. H would be History by the way."

"Right. Thank you," Bridget grabbed the map and her schedule. Turning, she rammed into a brown haired girl who nervously clutched her backpack strap. "Hey man!"

"Sorry," she whispered, moving out of the way. Bridget rolled her eyes, walking out to the main hallway. Navigating the evil clutches of high school hallways was another story. Couple kids making out over there, the anti-social kids standing in a corner seeming to criticize everyone walking by, the jocks talking to their jock friends or just the cute, flirtatious girls who managed to mingle in the sports, the nerds with the nerds, prep with prep. It was just like any other high school drama of a life.

Bridget loved it! Just to see the diversity within schools and how the interact with one another at different levels. How people acted around their sort of people and when they weren't. The human psychology was her "major", even though she wasn't in college yet.

High school was just beginning for some kids but for others, it was their last year just like Bridget's. Seniors. The adios types of kids. Can't say much about that now can we?

"Well," Bridget brushed back her blond hair. "I guess this is where it all begins."

Britt Roberson as Bridget Tolson
Jennifer Gardner as Naomi Tolson
Adam Campbell as Lucas Tolson
Emilia Clarke as Maddie Evans