Chapter 13

"I can't back up," Tanner exclaimed looking behind him at the piled up traffic behind them. The truck began swaying side to side already as the bridge was melting. Metal isn't suppose to do that. It takes intense heat to melt metal like that so quickly.

The wires from the bridge began snapping down and it just rattled. The bridge had snapped in half. Mickey opened the door to the truck, staring back at Tanner who was staring at her.

"Let's go," she exclaimed as the people were rushing for the safety of the sturdy ground, not the lake below them. She pulled her dirt bike off the back of the truck, giving it to a man who was trying to carry both of his children. Mickey tried to get as many out of their cars and back onto solid ground. "GO! GET OUT OF HERE!"

He lost her but saw a little kid crying, between two cars, not knowing where to go. He pulled his dirt bike off the ack of the truck and zoomed in direction to the boy.

Tanner fell off his bike when he tried reaching out for a little kid. He turned to see the cars on fire right besides him. The smoke was thick, making it harder to breath.

"Come on," he grabbed the little kid, picking him up. Covering the kid's face and his own, he ran through the flames to find himself face to face with even more cars on fire. The screaming kid didn't make it easier either.

When he ran, he never saw the flaming person standing in his way. He rammed so hard into him that it threw him and the little kid back. Tanner hissed, looking at his raw skin exposed from the fire.

"My arm," the little boy yelled. Tanner scooped him up and looked at him.

"What do you want," Tanner yelled at the flaming person. The two coughed violently afterwards.  The person looked at Tanner but didn't say anything.

Tanner turned and ran for his truck, holding the boy in his arms. His truck began to slowly move, as the bridge was raising up from the middle. What was going on?!

It began to rain so hard, it was incredible.

Tanner yelled as he grabbed onto a rebar. He was dangling, now with the kid in his other hand. The kid screamed as he slipped from Tanner's arms but someone caught him. It had to be Bolts.

"Get me up," Tanner screeched. Bolts was already gone. Tanner turned his head, squinting from the pouring rain. He could see other people holding onto dear life. Tanner saw a car free falling straight for him! Tanner yelled as he let go but felt someone grabbing onto his free hand. He gasped and looked up at the girl in blue, who somehow was belly down on the edge of the raising bridge. It was like the Titanic all over again!

"You?!"

"Hold on," she yelled. "I got you!"

Tanner clasped his other hand around hers. The girl gritted in pain as she stared at the people falling into the water. She inhaled and exhaled loudly, knowing this wasn't going to end well.

"What," he yelled. He saw a neon blue flash rapidly, and now he was staring at the water. She hoisted Tanner up, making sure he wouldn't slip to his watery doom.

"You trust me?"

"NO!"

"Hold on," she exclaimed as she dove quickly for the posts under the bridge. "Atom! Get the people out of the water! Now!"

"You got it," a flying cylinder detached from her back and took off. Tanner pressed his hand against the posts that detained the bridge.  The girl, hovered up and used the blue energy to boost the bridge back into one piece. She went up and down the bridge making sure the metal was stuck together stronger this time. The bridge was back in one but the wires weren't attached. "No fatalities."

"Good," The girl reported. The machine yelled, watching the blue energy start to fume on her back. It rammed right into her, depleting the energy.

"You, you," Tanner pointed. "You're, you're her!"

"It's me," she laughed from under her mask.

Next Morning
Bridget looked over at Maddie who stood there with her arm in a sling. The two girls had been watching the news with the continued story of the authorities trying to find that girl. They claimed she was the one who broke the bridge.
Everything was happening consequently and it was getting annoying now.

"I hate how they treat her like a villain," Bridget muttered. "She saved our lives."

Maddie sat down by her and looked at the television. The two girls didn't say a word. Maddie was more annoyed with her brother's sudden disappearance than anything else. Sounded selfish and all but she wanted Dawson and when she wanted him, he was never there.

"The School district finally got some reason in them and gave us the week off," Maddie uttered softly. Bridget nodded not paying attention to Maddie. This seemed to be a habit of everyone when they knew Maddie, the talkative girl. "Can you believe it?"

"What," Bridget glanced over at her. Maddie was pouting at this moment. "What do you want Maddie?"

"I want to know if you think they are seriously goi-," Maddie looked back at the screen. Her jaw just dropped. Bridget faced the television to read the report. Now what?! Blackhole. Nothing. Absolutely nothing was making no sense.

Hangout
"Why is this Blackhole dude after the girl," Aaron presses his hands on his face. "Why? Okay why?"

"I don't know," Dawson leaned against the table.

"So the only reason why we chase her is for her energy," Derek clarified. "We get that. Does he want her energy too? I mean the guy doesn't say anything?"

"The cylinder," Ray snapped his fingers. "I'm so stupid! He's after the cylinder! He wants her energy and the only th- Jason did you notice something when she started to expel her blue energy?"

"Yeah. That cylinder thing ran into her and absorbed the energy," Jason gasped.

"So that cylinder absorbs the energy. So I'm guessing Blackhole wants to take the cylinder in order to what," Derek was still trying to figure it out.

"Anything is possible," Aaron pressed his hand on his chin. "Guys is this seems to be the strongest villains we've gone up against."

"What if we catch the girl and use her as bait," Ray asked.

"Is that morally wrong," Derek questioned. "Doesn't feel right."

Jason nodded to that statement. They pondered on a plan but the only reasonable plan was Ray's. If they weren't after no one (hopefully) they would just be after the cylinder and the girl. So how to catch them? That was the other problem.

"We can come up with-," Aaron whispered softly making his way into the tool room. He walked out with his old energy blaster. He has abilities but he used gadgets that were compatible with his abilities. Except for this one.