Chapter 24

Cosmo kept her head mask straight towards Bolts who stormed to her.

"You- you had to come and make me have to retire early!"

"I did what," she asked.

"I can't take on Blackhole."

"Yes, you can. It's just that you shouldn't."

"Exactly. I'm not as powerful as you!"

"You won't," she laughed nervously. "Why are you saying that?"

"Because he's right okay? I can't take on these- these villains anymore. It take Dark Matter, not the boy who has electrical abilities. I'm not a hero to any one anymore. I can't even take down this villain."

Cosmo saw him sit down, sinking his face into his hands, his back hunched over in a tight arch. She placed a hand on his back and looked up at the city.

"You are," she reassured him. "To every kid, teenager, adult, you are their hero. Just because you think this loser is stronger than you, which he is, can take you down, and you let yourself think that, then you be the loser. Give up then."

He looked at her. She could just see that look in his eye.

"Exactly," she leaned over for him. "You are smart. I've seen this in you. Now use it. You might not be able to take him down alone, look at the job I've done."

She rested her elbows on her knees and laughed to herself. Bolts pulled a grin and shook his head.

"I'm scared," She admitted. Bolts stared at his reflection on her visor. "You don't think Blackhole can hurt me too? He can. I'm terrified every time I go out there just thinking, what if he gets me? What if I don't get Atom with me on time? What if I explode?"

"You explode?"

"Can. Besides the point, it's going to take all of us to take this guy down. Not just you. Not just me. Or else I'd be a fried blue energy omelet."

Bolts laughed looking over at her again. He could just feel her smile from under her mask. She leaned back and looked around.

"You always come here?"

"Yeah," he eased back, feeling relieved himself. "I like to come up here and think."

"I might steal it from you. Sometimes I need to escape that annoying voice in my head."

"Really? Like what?"

"A.P.S," she touched her head, but came against the hard plate. "My goodness it went off to explore the city."

"That cylinder thing?"

"Yeah," she laughed looking up. She stayed silent for a moment before she asked if it was beautiful. Bolts observed the Milky Way just to see it get brighter and clearer. He wasn't sure if she had done that but with the laugh she let out, she did.

"How do you do that?"

"I don't know. I just think about it," she looked up. "It makes it clearer so you can see it. Nah, just kidding. A.P.S created this magnifier for me, you can't see it but you see every star or constellation clearly. Since it's the Milky Way, it makes everything clearer."

"It's beautiful," he grinned.

"Space always is." Bolts grinned. "So, I have a plan to stop this Blackhole. I'm going to need your help."

"Mine?"

"Not just you. Your team."

Hangout
Aaron, Ray and Derek stood up from their spots in their hangout to see the girl in blue behind Jason who was in his suit. Dawson who was in the room, changed and walked out.

"Why, why did you bring her here," Ray pointed. Bolts looked back at her head mask, staring at her reflective visor.

"Because we need her to take down Blackhole."

"We don't need her," Dark Matter crossed his arms. "I can take him down myself."

"No you won't," Bolts snapped. "Now shut up and listen. She is going to help us take him down. We've got a plan to what is going to happen. We already know he's trying to use the beam to penetrate deep within the earth's crust. Reason is why? We don't know but since it is her energy, we assume that the guy needs more, correct?"

Cosmo nodded.

"We simply take out the main beam projector and he won't be able to take her down."

"Problem," Derek raised his hand. "He can absorb her energy. What if he uses her energy to power the beam?"

"We don't let him," Cosmo reassured him. Simple as that.

Hallmark's Class
Jason whistled as they walked around their finished energy dampener. Hallmark grinned looking at his proud students who has finally finished it.

"Gotta say," Bridget grinned. "This is awesome."

Mickey laughed to herself, feeling Tanner right next to her. The two hadn't spoken much but they were still sticky like glue. Dawson and his sister, put their hand on the white metal reminding them of the metal Cosmo wears.

"I think," Hallmark nodded. "We need a plan to lure Blackhole here."

Bridget's eyebrows shot up to her hairline. How was this guy suppose to do that?! It wasn't just like when you called a dog inside the house. Even though the dog wouldn't always listen. What in the world would Blackhole want so badly he would go into a high school? Well he did attack a school bus- so close enough. Wait a second. Cosmo! If he attacked a high school bus, that only meant that the girl was from high school.

"Cosmo," Bridget thought out loud. Everyone turned to look at her. "He wants Cosmo, doesn't he? Then let's give her to him."

"A trade? Are you joking," Benjamin exclaimed. "He's not stupid enough to actually take it. She won't do it!"

"She will if we are in danger," Bridget came to a plan. "We need to be in danger to catch her attention. I think I know just the-."

"What's that," the shy girl pointed outside. Everyone, everywhere, was standing up and walking for their windows, staring up at the clouds forming a tight circle and blue energy crackles coming from them. Dawson felt his heart sink as the clouds disappeared with a boom and return as a wormhole with an even louder explosion.

"No need to be in danger. We already are," Benjamin muttered. The school alarms started going off as everyone was running for the underground bunkers in each classroom. Jason looked at Dawson who was already hauled down into the bunker by his sister.

"Mickey," a voice screamed. Mickey turned to see Riyak at the door. "We got to go!"

"GET IN," everyone screamed. Mickey grunted as she grasped his wrist, as he pulled her out of there. Dawson yelled as him and Jason sprinted up the stairs. "GET BACK!"

"We got to save as many as we can," Jason exclaimed. "You know how some of those bunker doors don't close!"

"Get back," Hallmark screamed but they shut the bunker close. Dawson and Jason couldn't even stand on their two feet before getting swept off into the gravitational pull of the wormhole. They felt someone grab hold of them and try flying back as hard as they could. Jason opened his eyes staring at the head mask of Cosmo.

"Don't think you want to be inside one of those things," she exclaimed as she set them down as far as she could. "I need to shut that thing down! Now!"