Chapter 25

Jason and Dawson saw her take off again so this was their time to transform into their super suits. Both men faced one another fully dressed, nodding. They were ready for this. The girl came crashing back down on purpose, standing right in front of them.

"Approximately 3 miles wide," Cosmo called out. "A.P.S?"

"She got it. That thing is getting stronger and in fact is powered by her blue energy," the cylinder responded. Dark Matter eyed the girl who now had her back to them. "Something is trying to come from the other side."

"I see it," Bolts called out as flying aliens on these strange contraptions coming in, each holding some sort of metal. They couldn't make out what it was they were carrying but there was something that bothered Cosmo. If the wormhole was sucking in everything, how was it expelling things too? "How are we suppose to deal with that?!"

"The same way we trained you," Ray's voice came through their comm. Cosmo turned her head to see the boys hearing their mentors and she could only stare at the aliens. They looked human, not alien with like green tentacles and weird faces. They would let go of those metal pieces that began floating up into the air and conjoin. It was creating a large disk like platform.

"Looks like some sort of weapon," A.P.S informed. "I don't know what it's for but I don't think it's anything sweet like a camera."

"I don't think so either," she shook her head. "Gotta tell us the plan A.P.S."

"Well," the thing detached from her back. She grabbed hold of it, expanding it into a square and laying it flat. The holographic plan popped up from it. "Looks like this thing has a core right in the middle of that platform. If you can take that thing out, it destroys the entire weapon and sends it back."

"The core sends it back," Dark Matter stepped up.

"It shouldn't. The beacon is what sends it back, wouldn't it? It should because it has nothing to do with power. All it has to do is portal openings."

"Genius," Dark Matter spat. "Portal openings are power. You need power to open those things."

"No! He's right," Atom exclaimed. "Blackhole wouldn't be stupid enough to load everything in one single area, that we can destroy in a single hit, he would have loaded separate features of the space disk's engine, we could say, in different places."

"English," Bolts exclaimed.

"He means that Blackhole wouldn't put the engine all in one spot. He would spread it around," Cosmo exclaimed. "We just gotta find the portal energy beacon. You two, find that thing, we will take on Blackhole ourselves."

"No! I get Blackhole," Dark Matter pulled her back. "He can get you. He can't get me."

Platform
Blackhole stood right in the middle of the platform, with his hands pressed behind his back, almost as if he were waiting for them to come. Dark Matter stood before him with Bolts at his left.

"Where is Cosmo," Blackhole asked.

"She's not here," Dark Matter exclaimed.

"You are of no use to me," Blackhole exclaimed. "I need the energy."

In the back, Atom was talking inside Cosmo's head.

"This here is toxic."

"What's toxic?"

"The composition of the atmosphere. It's poisonous to him."

"Who?!"

"Bolts!" Cosmo stared up at Bolts who seemed fine at the time. "There isn't any air and it's producing more carbon monoxide than oxygen. He's human up here. It's above the life zone."

The weapon was already sixty seven percent completed. Dark Matter was already using his energy against Blackhole. The two were trying to grab hold of the beacon. Cosmo knew this was her chance to get to the core but Bolts was already opening the trap door to get in.

Cosmo ran across the platform, sliding right into the trap door. She grabbed hold of Bolts telling him to get back down for the ground.

"I can do it," he yelled.

"No! Go back," she exclaimed. Bolts stared straight at her which she thought about the talk several nights back. "Go! Go!"

The two slid inside and made their ways though the hallways inside this disk thing. Suddenly, Cosmo stopped and reached out for her back, pulling the cylinder off her back. She shoved him ahead and pressed the cylinder onto his own back.

"Hey," Atom yelled. "What gives?!"

Bolts stared at her as she pressed her hands on his shoulders.

"You stabilize my energy, you give him the oxygen and take out the carbon monoxide out of his system," Cosmo ordered as she kept jogging.

"What," both of them asked.

"Keep him alive," Cosmo exclaimed as Bolts chased her. They stayed together trying to find the core room. "Where is it A.P.S?"

"To your left," A.P.S reported. Bolts lead the way as they saw a sealed metal lookin door. "It's made out of niranuim."

"I thought you were the only thing made out of niranium," Cosmo whispered. Bolts was just thinking how in the world did he get into this situation with both of these people. "How does he have this?"

"How am I suppose to know," A.P.S asked. "Can you open the door please?"

Cosmo placed her hand on the knobs and yanked back with ease. Bolts stared inside to see the blue energy core zooming in a tight circle.

"How does he have your energy," Bolts asked. "Is it every time he takes it from you?"

"I'm guessing," Cosmo nodded.

"I think this was part of the plan wasn't planned out," A.P.S exclaimed. A.P.S was right. They get to the core and stop the same thing Cosmo is suppose to be expelling from her body. "You can't bring your energy back inside of you. You can't stop your own energy."

"How are we suppose to stop this thing," Bolts yelled.

"I-," Cosmo grabbed the top of her head.

"Energy dampener," Bolts whispered. "I got it! I got it! Follow me!"

With his sense of hope, Cosmo grabbed hold of that. The two made their way through the empty hallways and shot straight back down for the ground. The entered the hallways of Sierra High, making their way for Mr.Hallmark's classroom.

"Here it is," Bolts yelled over the loud wind. Cosmo looked at the strange upright machine before her. "You press that button right there!"

Cosmo pressed it, hearing it turn on and vibrate rapidly. She wasn't sure what it was doing but she needed it to work. When the lights flickered on, the energy inside Cosmo was getting sucked into the machine, making it even more powerful.

"NO," Riyak yelled as he came sprinting into the classroom, yanking her back. "You're crazy?! This thing is meant to absorb any sort of energy! I need to take it up there!"

"NO," she yelled at him. "I turn it on until I get up there. He stays here."

Bolts heard the student's banging their fists against the steel bunker door. Cosmo turned hearing it as well but that is when Blackhole appeared.