Chapter 3 (Edited)

"Earth to Maverick," a snapping finger caused the young man to jerk back to reality. The dark haired friend of his shook his head, sitting on the stool next to him. "What is it with you? You've been so unfocused."

"I'm just-," Jason Maverick's eyes gazed over to the girl walking through the door. His friend, Dawson, followed his gaze before catching sight of the girl himself. The new girl. His sister, Maddie kept chatting with the new girl. That right there was his ticket in.

"Oh," he laughed. "That's what it is. Excuse me."

"Dawson no-," Jason exclaimed, watching him walk up to the two, immediately flirting with her. Groaning, he hid his face in his hands. Not once? Not even once could he get the chance with the girl? "I can never get a break."

"Oh," the brown haired girl stared at him wide-eyed, looking back at the trio talking in the front of the class. He never even heard her walking to his desk. "I'll just-."

"No-," he hissed, extending his hand out towards her as she walked to another desk. Closing his fist, he watched as Tanner Ocean smiled warmly at the girl, pulling out the stool for her.

"One day you will master the art of 'shutting up' but I'm not hoping for miracles," Maddie sat down next to him, closing her binder.

"Thank you Maddie," he sarcastically snapped. He already could hear Dawson's taunting... matter of fact, he was.

"All year," he sighed, shoving Jason slightly. "My lab partner, all year Maverick."

He really had to contain his Leonard McCoy face but it was just slipping. Hopping in front of him, Dawson pressed his hand against his chest to stop him.

"Tonight, we got to." Cocking his head in disbelief, Jason furrowed his eyebrows. Annoyed, Dawson pulled his lips into a thin line. "McCoy... McCoy face."

"Shut up," he shoved him aside, continuing to walk to their car. "No. I'm not doing that."

"Come on man," Dawson jogged behind him. "One time.. please. Just once and I'll never ask for anything again."

"Wait, let's see," Jason abruptly stopped, holding up his hand. "Stacy, Veronica, Wendolyn, Gwen, Tina... want me to keep going?"

"Oh come on," he threw his head back, groaning. "Look, Maddie is already going over tonight to help her unpack. We know for a fact she'll be home."

"If we get caught," he pointed. "Aaron is kicking your butt, not mine."

Placing his hand over his chest, he nodded saying, "Responsibility is all mine."

Smiling at his accomplishment, he threw the car door open never seeing that same brown haired girl Jason had scared off get whacked. Gasping, he looked at the ground, seeing the girl sit up slowly, rubbing her bruising forehead.

"Oh my gosh," he breathed. "I'm so-."

"This really isn't my day," her voice cracked, resting against the car before looking up. Jason came over to her side, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"Look at my finger," he ordered. Narrowing her eyes, the girl shook her head, pushing his hand away.

"What are you? An EMT? I just want to get home," she muttered, stumbling aside. "You Sierra City people know how to give a welcome."

"She's new," Dawson questioned in a hushed tone, glancing over at Jason.

"Oh forget me asking," she snapped, holding her hand over her forehead, walking away.

Bridget's Room
Bridget, moaned as she pressed the bandaid over the cut she got. First day of the new home, she already got attacked by a cardboard box. Don't ask. Whoopdi-do. Her mother, knocked on the door making her glance back.

"I thought that girl was coming," Naomi asked.

"She got held up, she said she'd come tomorrow," Bridget spoke up. Frowning, Naomi pressed her hand against the doorway.

"I'm sorry about the box honey. I was thinking maybe Julio's might make you feel better?"

"I just want to unpack today," Bridget looked down at the boxes before her. She rethought that statement. "Well maybe. Take out? We can eat here?"

"Thought so," Naomi smiled. "I'll be back."

She dumped over the boxes she had which was full of musician, bands, signed autographs, old records she would manage to smuggle from her dad. When a slight breeze pick up, she jerked her head back to see two superheroes standing on her balcony.

Perhaps the first thing in someone's mind would be the fact that two superheroes were standing on their balcony but all Bridget could think of was their appearance. The suits were there for protection but she couldn't help but notice how it did reflect how they looked. Specifically the amount of spandex going on between the two. She laughed softly.

One of them was a dark colored suit with strips of white running in the front and sides of him. His mask only revealed his nose and jaw. Nothing else. This guy had a cape. The other one was a lighter gray with neon blue strips wrapping around the torso and down to his legs. He wore a mask similar to the taller guy, except he had rubber gloves. She immediately recognized that he has to be Bolts. Rubber was the only thing that could stop lightning. She liked his suit better than the other one but she wasn't going to say that.

She leaned back and closed her eyes. The guys were still there.

"Okay," she whispered so softly. "It's you two."

"Welcome to Sierra City," Dark Matter smiled. She could see Bolt's eyes, not Dark Matter. She suspected he used some sort of fabric behind the eyes so his eyes looked black. Dark Matter flashed his charming perfect grin.

Bridget raised her hands over her mouth. Yeah, he was the girl magnet. Bolts held one hand up to his mouth trying to hide back his laugh.

"You don't talk do you," Dark Matter asked. Bridget's face just flushed in excitement. How could she talk? Those two were feet away from her! All she ever did was read about them online and could only dream of seeing them in person, yet here they were. She kept opening and closing her mouth but nothing came out.

"We just wanted to welcome you to our city," Dark Matter continued. "So welcome."

All that escaped her lips was a small squeal, that was it.

"I guess we must get going," Dark Matter chuckled. "Nice- sort of talking to you- have a good day!"

Dark Matter turned and took off. Bolts slid his hands behind his back, looking over at her with a friendly gaze.

"We mean it though," Bolts replied. "Welcome to Sierra City."

The two men were gone and all Bridget do was sink into her bed, thinking how much of a fool she looked like just standing there.

Taron Egerton as Jason B Maverick
Robbie Amell as Dawson Evans
Emilia Clarke as Maddie Evans
Britt Roberson as Bridget Tolson

Amelia Blaire Rose as Mickey Novatek
Michelle Williams as Kelly Novatek