Chapter 14

"My g- are you alright," Bolts exclaimed walking closer to Bridget who was dabbing some alcohol on her stomach. His voice wasn't exactly deep like it normally was. It was higher which Bridget understood it was genuine panic. "What happened?"

"Got caught," Bridget bit her bottom lip pressing the alcohol deeper into the cuts.

"By What? Knives," Bolts asked grabbing the cotton himself and helping her without asking. Bridget stood there flinching and wincing. "What fine mess did you get yourself in?"

"Felt like a rock. Guy kept coming," Bridget laughed.

"Someone attacked you?"

"You could say. Got away."

"You need to repo-."

"I'm fine," Bridget looked straight into his masked eyes when he stood up. "Thanks."

"I'm not done," he said holding up the gauze pad. He spread ointment around, pressing the medical tape around the pad and ripped it apart. "You should be okay for that."

Bridget flashed him a painful smile as she sat down at the edge of her bed.

"How about you," Bridget took off her sweater revealing a world class bruise on her shoulder. "You don't look so hot either."

"I heal faster," Bolts touched his bruise on his face. "Who was the guy?"

Bridget was trying to wrap her arm with the wrap but didn't know what to tell Bolts.

"No one important. I'm fine. I'm alive," Bridget felt Bolts grab her chin and turn it.

"It's not okay," he gazed deeply into her eyes. He grabbed the wrap and helped her once again. "Wait till I get my hands on him."

"Bolts I've managed without anyone," Bridget looked at him. "I know how to defend myself. Trust me."

Bolts gave her a weary grin as he stood at the balcony door. Bridget smiled warmly as him, when he said a goodbye and left. Bridget looked at her wrapped shoulder, seeing a glow of red, underneath it. After taking the wrap off, her arm and the cuts were completely gone.

Unidentified Underground Bunker
"You sure," Blackhole asked. "You sure you managed to tap into that cylinder?"

"We didn't ," The human-looking alien pointed. These were from the planet Luthia.

"Hey," Riyak yelled. Riyak was the prince of Luthia, since his father AGRO and his human mother Olivia, were the so called royalty. Blackhole needed him so he "borrowed' the prince. "STOP! You don't even know what you are doing!"

"I don't care," Blackhole pointed. "You have the beam ready?"

"Th- you know you can't use that," Riyak pointed. The alien stood before them with his arms crossed.

"I can. The only thing I need is that cylinder," Blackhole jerked his thumb to Riyak. "The cylinder to the beam. That's all I need and once that cylinder absorbs a good amount of her energy- we are good."

Riyak knew that he would need her, not just the cylinder. Problem is that the cylinder itself would be the problem. It had the ability to absorb any sort of energy from anything.

"You- you are-," Blackhole pointed. Riyak grabbed the key to the beam, taking off down the ship's corridors. He needed to beam down to Earth. "NO!"

Riyak turned once he jumped on the teleportation device. Smirking, Riyak pointed and chuckled. Blackhole yelled but Riyak was gone.

"TRACK HIM NOW," Blackhole yelled. The others ran to their holographic computers tracing down Riyak. No use.

School
Bridget pulled her things from her locker. School was back in session, at the community center but there was a handful of seniors who were still gone or in the hospital. Maddie was hearing stories about how that girl would visit each student in the hospital or at their homes. If they didn't see her, she left something for them.

"You've guys heard about the chick," Mickey whispered with a smile as she joined the little group of friends. "Heard she's nice."

"Heard the same thing," Jason was lost in thought. Dawson cleared his throat, which irritated Jason more than normal. "What Dawson? What?!"

"Nothing," Dawson whispered glancing at his sister. "Looks like the school isn't getting anyone finished soon."

"Oh yeah. Anyways, that girl does seem to know what she's doing," Bridget nodded. Dawson looked over at her imaging her in a ponytail, a sweater and blue jeans. No, she wouldn't wear that now would she? How about a mask? Any looks could be so deceiving.

It looked like Jason was thinking the same exact thing. The two men glanced at one another and back at Bridget. Smart. Independent. Sure didn't mind throwing sass around if she could. She had a bit of that superhero look. They kept walking down the hall into Hallmark's classroom sitting down. The thought of Bridget being the girl, was still in the boy's thoughts, except a noise interrupted their thoughts.

A loud rattling and things getting knocked over came from behind their desk. Mickey. Maddie laughed watching Mickey clumsily pick up the books and set them back up. Her face was bright red. Jason turned looking at a white wrap showing underneath her shirt sleeve. Sympathetically, he smiled at her but thought deep. Where would this girl get hurt?

"You know for a Senior, she acts like a nervous freshman," Bridget laughed. Tanner knelt down picking up the rest of the books. He looked at her and walked to the back desks.

"Ms.Novatek, come up here," Hallmark pointed. Tanner looked ahead and back at Mickey. "Come up here. I'm not going to bite, come on."

Mickey slid from her desk, wrapping her arm around her waist and step besides Hallmark. He looked at the class and exhaled sitting down. Mickey gazed back at him and at the dozen students staring at her.

"Explain to us the science of black holes," Hallmark pointed.

"Why," Mickey she laughed nervously.

"Do it. We need a topic to begin this class so let's start. Blackhole since he seems to be the topic of today's news," Hallmark nodded. Mickey looked at the class and back at the chalkboard.

Grabbing a chalk, Mickey began to draw a black hole.

"Okay," she whispered stepping back from the stages of a Star. She explained how a black hole formed. "So-."

"Louder," Benjamin called out. Mickey glanced at him and back over at Tanner who lowered his hands to his torso with a smile. Calm, was what he was trying to tell her.

"So," Mickey spoke louder. "A black hole is a small part in space where gravity is so strong that nothing, absolutely can escape it. Not even light. So those "black holes" That guy makes isn't really black holes but wormholes, a theory of travel between time. So what a black hole does is-."

She grabbed a sheet of paper. Grabbing each side and held it up.

"Let's say this is one point in space where the black hole is," Mickey bent the paper by the half. "So what happened that space literally bends like this. Not just space, but time too. This creates a wormhole. But since no one knows because they haven't gone though one, well they think that it's a traveling method to get from one point to another. It's interesting if you think about it."

"To you," Benjamin laughed. "Sorry but that sounds as boring as Mr.Vicks class!"

"Yeah to idiots like you anything is boring," Mickey looked at him. Benjamin sat up straight looking at her as the rest of the kids were stiffing their laughter. Jason smirked looking at her as Mickey handed the paper back to the kid she stole it from. "Sorry."

Mickey sat down with Tanner who was smirking. She cocked her head looking at him.

"No," she whispered. "You-?"

"Yup. All me," Tanner sticked his tongue out at her. "You owe me now Novatek. We are even."

Mickey laughed hiding behind her hands. Tanner smiled looking over at the front of the class.

Armie Hammer as Riyak