Chapter 18

One Hour Later
The mall was in blue flames. It wasn't red flames. Blue flames. The girl in blue, parked her motorcycle out front from the running mall goers.

"Blue-," The girl asked. "Light- it's the light! Blue light means energy is much more higher so the temperature is even hotter! Simple photons!"

"This isn't human," Her cylinder contraption, Atom stated. It was a flying person inside the mall. The girl looked down at herself.

"A.P.S, my suit is it exactly fire proof," the girl asked.

"I can cover you! Go!" She held her hand up and she ran straight through a glass. No kidding. The heat was strong but it didn't exactly bother her. Picking up humans over in the Bath and Body Works.

She teleported right into the shop. She huddled the people together ordering A.P.S to teleport them outside. She was in there alone.

"You," The red villain, named HeatStorm, yelled coming for her. The girl in blue gasped as she turned and moved for the court. People were huddled under the tables avoiding the blue flames. Sweat streamed off their faces. "Come here!"

The Girl in Blue saw a little girl who immediately saw it was Diane Hallmark! She jerked her head as she used her blue energy to cover them from the flames. She landed on her, pinning her to the ground.

"Wait," The girl yelled. HeatStorm scowled under her fiery mask looking down at her. "You take it!"

She held up her free hand and shot a blue energy at her chest. Tumbling back from the short blast, HeatStorm grabbed her heaving chest. The girl in blue, scrambled to her feet and ran through the bubble and held her hands up again, keeping the bubble up.

HeatStorm ran for it pounding her fists on it. She looked at the blue girl as she placed her hand on it when this black looking substance began traveling up the force field, physically hurting the girl in blue. Hallmark grabbed his daughter and looked up at the night sky.

"You are mine," HeatStorm tackling the woman.

"GET OUT," The girl in blue screamed at everyone, shooting her blue energy for the exit. The fire quickly died, giving everyone the chance to make a run for it. She saw Hallmark stop and look at her. "GO!"

Outside, Bolts was creating an electric storm so the rain could pour over the mall but this fire was different. It didn't go out. Dark Matter turned looking up.

"There is something you must be able to do," Bolts yelled. Dark Matter looked at his hands. In science, Dark Matter was that substance that kept everything together. Galaxies that would spin at a fast rate had to be kept together somehow right? Scientists called that dark matter but what in the world could he do with fire? Keep it together?

"Yes," Dark Matter laughed at his own logic. He held his hands up using his energy to keep the fire in one spot and not move from there. Bolts looked up to see HeatStorm pinning the girl of blue right in front of them on the pavement. The concaved asphalt was the girl, holding onto what ever device the villain had.

"The energy and he is mine," HeatStorm gritted. Her flames got so intense that they could feel it even yards away. The girl gasped seeing her own cylinder inside the contraption. "You won't be able to stop me because you can destroy yourself. One less problem to take care of."

"No! You will kill everyone on this planet," The girl struggled with the contraption strapped to her chest. It was crushing her! Not just that but the heat seemed to be melting away the metal parts of the girl's suit and it scorched her skin, even thought she was completely covered. Bolts couldn't do anything besides help the rubbernecking people. He felt useless not knowing how to defend the girl.

"Hey! Get off of her," Bolts yelled. HeatStorm held her hand to him and glared. Even though the villain had a mask on, there was no denying the chill she gave everyone with that death stare.

"You are history," HeatStorm smirked. "Cosmo."

Dark Matter cocked his head when he saw the cylinder's beads began to make this tight circular motion inside of itself. Slowly it began to expand the beads and this is when the girl began to scream in pain. The energy was being ripped out of her.

The girl grabbed the two spikes over her chest and tried crushing them but now a blue pulse came out of her. More energy was being sucked out of her and those beads expanded so slowly that it caused even more physical pain to her.

A bottle hit HeatStorm's head. She turned to see an older woman holding her cane up in the air, coming down so hard that they could all hear the thump. HeatStorm flinched as she kept hitting her.

"HEY," HeatStorm yelled as she upped the energy transference. The girl was screaming and Bolts just knew he could hear her crying. Bolts saw her try to pry the contraption but more blue energy kept coming out of her. It was incredible how much energy she had.

Bolts found this opportunity to shoot his lighting bolts straight down from the sky and at HeatStorm. The people there began throwing anything they had at the real villain. Dark Matter moved the fire right over HeatStorm herself.

Blackhole jumped out of his wormhole and appeared over the girl in blue as he helped pressed down harder on the thing. The girl was shuttering, shivering trying to stay awake.

"Thank you- for being so helpful," HeatStorm sneered.

The girl wasn't moving anymore but the energy just kept going. Blackhole pulled the contraption and the harness off the girl, disappearing like the villain he was, with his partner, right into the darkness of a wormhole.

Bolts looked down at the girl who was hardly breathing. Most of the suit was burnt black and it even some parts it itches away into the skin, where he saw how red and burned the skin was underneath. She groaned softly trying to get up.

"Hey, stay down alright," Bolts looked back and forth, not knowing what to do.

"We can take her in now. She's immobilized," Dark Matter reported. Bolts was more annoyed with the fact that this girl had saved everyone from the mall and even the bridge, but Dark Matter wanted to take her in. "What are you waiting for?"

"Sane reasoning! She's hurt don't you see it," Bolts gritted. "Shut up and help me."

Mall Twenty Minutes Later
"The fire isn't fire," Derek stood looking at the blue ash marks on the ground. "It's some other substance. Completely different. I mean light doesn't have enough energy to cause damage, to the eye it might but-."

"Derek then what is it," Ray pointed. Brick and brack seemed to be the only thing Derek was capable of. Instead of explaining everything in a perfectly normal human, he had to make it as complicated as possible. Maybe it was just him trying to sound smarter than he already is. Sorry Derek, but you haven't caught girls like that.

"In other words," Dark Matter folded his arms over his broad chest. "He doesn't know. This isn't an earthly substance, he's right. It's gamma rays, which HeatStorm somehow managed to convert into flames."

"But why does she- wait a second. Black holes itself expose gamma radiation. So if this girl is working with Blackhole, who is the master of these singularities, that only means, he's giving her his own energy. Hold on, Except that it happens due to decay of the atomic nuclei. That only means one thing," Ray was shocked at his own understanding. The fire made sense now.

"She's dying," Bolts whispered. Bolts ran his rubber glove through his short brown hair. "That makes sense why Blackhole is giving her his energy. He's keeping her alive, so Blackhole takes this, the girl's blue energy and gives it to her too! But how in the world does she convert it into flames?"

"Because," Aaron turned his back to them, with his finger extended. "Perhaps she already had this ability before and with the help of Blackhole, she upgraded."