Chapter 5

"Guys! Guys," Dawson screamed as he flew into the hangout. Derek Steelmon gasped when he saw the unconscious Jason in his arms. "An energy- it hit everyone. I don't know what it did to him!"

"Jason," Aaron patted Jason's cheek. "He has a low heart rate!"

"I got it," Raymond exclaimed picking him up.

"What are you doing," Derek exclaimed at the man. Not wanting to answer to the guy, Raymond carried him for the pool. "Hey! Hey hey! Reconsider that- oh wait- genius! Throw him!"

"GUYS," Dawson exclaimed desperately. Raymond threw Jason right for the pool. Electricity zapped throughout the water and struck Jason in a second. The guy shoved himself back for the surface screaming. Everyone stood at the edge of the pool looking at Jason yell in pain.

"Good enough," Aaron replied pulling Jason out with thunder bolts striking him but nothing would happen. "You alive?"

Raymond heard his own alarms going off from his computer's and satellite warning signals. Tapping the screen, the blue energy reader flashed to all time high, at the ice cream shop.

"Guys," Ray yelled. "My energy! It's back!"

"The blue thing," Dawson jerked his thumb over his shoulder. That's all he could remember, the blue thing flashing around everyone. The man was out cold and taken in by the police.

"That really Hurt," Jason pressed his hand on his chest trying to regain his normal heartbeat. "I hate it."

"It's already in the local news," Derek pointed. They all looked back to see the television. "They are quick for press."

"Breaking news," The newscaster began their story. "An explosion at the Millie's Ice Cream Shop. Eyewitnesses say that a man had attacked first when our two superheroes, Bolts and Dark Matter made it to the scene when an explosion erupted the area. There is at the moment no footage of the explosion-."

"We will see about that," Derek puffed out his chest running back to his computer.

"All we know is that the attacker was taken into custody right after the explosion. Our superhero Bolts seemed to have suffered some injuries and our hopes and prayers go to them."

Jason did get some pieces of glass wedged in his torso but Aaron got those out faster than anticipated. Dawson was completely fine.

"That energy is the blue energy Ray," Derek peered over the top of his desktop. Raymond stood at his desk looking down. "Is it really? I mean- look- I got something."

Everyone run around the computer. It was a figure running through the alley's with someone at their heels. The person stumbled, contracting their entire body as a pulse of blue energy really fumed out of them. They struggled to their feet and kept on going but the energy was coming out like fumes and a ticking time bomb. The man behind the first one, extended their hand as the energy out of the first person was being drained into the other one. The person was on their side, staring at the man but finally broke free, making a run for it. The energy just lost it and burst.

"Someone has the energy," Raymond tapped his finger. "Someone has the energy!"

"What are we going to do about this," Dawson questioned. "Obviously, someone is after that person in blue."

"We can't let someone with that amount of energy be running around loose in the city " Aaron stated. "We need to track that person down and catch them."

The next day in school, the ice cream shop was the talk of the day.

In Physics, Jason glanced over at Mickey who was on her notebook. (Instead of a phone, am I right?) Maddie was bored out of her mind hearing Mr.Vick go on and on. About time, the class got done with.

"So it was a person," Dexter asked pointing at Tanner. "It was a person who had that blue energy!"

"How am I suppose to know," Tanner muttered tryin to make his way to his locker. Mickey smiled faintly as she turned bumping into Benjamin Peterson.

"Hey," he looked at her. His expression was annoyed with a mix of are-you-kidding-me-right-now look. His expression dropped and a flirtatious smile cracked on his lips. "Hey, How are you doing?"

"Leave her alone," Tanner stared at Ben.

"Hey, I'm just making friends," Benjamin rested his arm around Mickey's shoulder. "Isn't that right Millie?"

Mickey grabbed his finger from her shoulder as if it were a dead fly. Making a face, she dropped his hand taking a safety step aside from the guy.

"It's Mickey," Tanner stood up.

"What's the matter? Can't she talk," Benjamin asked. He cocked his head leaning downwards closer to Mick who kept clutching her notebook to her chest. "Another nerd huh? That's good to know, specially if it's a cosmographer."

How does that punk know? Mickey raised an eyebrow holding her books tighter, making her knuckles turn white. Get him! Beat his scrawny behind! Mickey shook her head with a slight laugh. Don't just stand there, defend yourself child! My goodness you humans are useless! Mickey grumbled to herself and felt someone stand next to her.

"Knock it off Ben," Tanner replied. "Leave her alone. Get to whatever mirror is calling you next."

"Ocean! You going to make it to my pool party tonight," Ben asked changing the subject but keeping his eyes on Mickey. His pool parties, were pool parties. His house was literally a mansion with hundreds of rooms and who knows how many bathrooms. Too big of a pool looking out towards the ocean. All the kids who made it there were known to be the cool kids. Under quotations of course because most of the parties didn't end so well.

"Got better plans. Isn't that right Novatek," Tanner glanced down at her. Maddie caught sight of Jason, Dawson and Bridget stopping behind the blond haired kid. Mickey who was still caught between them, nodded her head. "Sorry pal. Rain check on that."

"Well," Benjamin set his gaze back on Mickey. "I guess you'll be missing out on something big. Trust me. You'll be right in the middle of it."

"What a lunatic," Tanner spat, watching Mickey grab her things.

"I totally had him in the ropes man! I had the whole thing planned in my head."

Tanner chuckled as she shuffled away quickly in direction to the science building.

"Wow. She's got weird issues," Bridget whistled softly. Tanner looked back at her somewhat disappointed in her. With a quick roll of his eyes, he marched off his own way. "Maybe we should invite her over to the pool party with us."

"That wouldn't be a bad idea," Jason pulled at his backpack straps. "Quite good actually."

Inside Mr.Hallmark's astronomy class, he turned sharply to see the blond haired girl set her things down on the back lab tables. She turned looking at him with a slight smile.

"You brought it," he asked with a slight amused laugh.

"I got it," Bridget pulled out the book on the Night Sky. "Found it at the library Uncle Jay."

"Oh we sure will. You're going to help me right?"

"Always. Your wife and kids ready," Bridget asked. He chuckled nodding.

Jeremy Irvine as Tanner Ocean
Matt Damon as Jay Hallmark
Nicholas Hoult as Benjamin Peterson