Chapter 8

"Now a hero or menace," the newscaster asked. "Our new so called superhero, just set fire to the governors mansion. New detai-."

"Hey," The entire class exclaimed as Mr.Hallmark turned off the television. "Come on!"

"Dumb press," Hallmark muttered. Mickey was actually attentive this class when they were talking about the new superhero. "I hate it."

"Hate what," Benjamin laughed. "That person is a wanna be superhero! Can't do anything right."

"See that's the problem right there! People tend to critique before they even let them get a chance to prove himself," Hallmark exclaimed. "I mean didn't Bolts, Dark Matter, Hydra, Magma and Tide all have their rough patches in the beginning? So this new kid is trying to make a difference but they keep nailing it on him. I just feel bad. I mean this kid is the new era of superheroes!"

Jason didn't like that. What was going to happen to him? He was a decent superhero! They already want to retire him?

"New era," Bridget asked laughing. "What new era?"

"New villains- new heroes," Hallmark nodded.

"That's a bunch of baloney," One kid laughed.

"I mean look at this," Hallmark pointed as he showed a video on the smart board. It was a video of the hooded menace actually flying. Yeah, this menace can fly now! "Look at the angle of the take off! How in the world does he know that at that angle he can have the maximum take off velocity and when they fly also, they fly at this angle. See this is the work of a genius!"

"Genius," Bridget asked somewhat excited. "You think so?"

"Oh yeah. I mean if they didn't have to go all big at first. Take it easy and start small," Hallmark nodded in a self satisfied nod. "We can learn a lot from this kid. A whole lot."

"You are actually supporting this," Benjamin asked. "It's a Rebel!"

"Yeah well rebels make history. I do," Hallmark smirked. "So let's continue shall we?"

At Night
Hallmark was still in his classroom grading papers when the window opened and in flew the vigilante. She stood there looking at him.

She had a mask underneath her hoodie but she took the hoodie off. Hallmark looked at her and smiled.

"You're a girl," he laughed.

"Yeah. You got a problem with that?"

"Absolutely not! You are quite a kid I'll tell you that."

"I've heard what you've said about me in your classes and I-," she looked down at the ground. "I wanted to thank you. Everyone sees me as danger- not- not a hero. I guess I can see why but I'm really trying."

"Hey all heroes start from the bottom. You'll get the hang of it," he smiled standing up. "Don't worry."

She took a step back looking up at him. Hallmark put his hands up in a peaceful manner and smiled. This guy really knew how to calm someone down. Years of being a dad.

She smiled as she turned to go out the window again. Hallmark let out a small yell as she turned her head.

"Can I suggest something," he asked. "If you don't mind?"

"Respect the elders, right?"

"You know, no one talks like that these days."

"They should. What was your suggestion Mr.Hallmark?"

"Start small," he replied. "Gain up to the level you want to achieve. Starting big really doesn't help on the long run."

"Okay, I will, with an agreement."

"Name it."

"Don't treat your students badly. I've got eyes and ears everywhere Mr.Hallmark. Have a great night."

She finally turned her back and took off.

Hangout
"There it is," Ray exclaimed. "I won!"

"I hate playing poker with you," Dawson muttered as his cell phone rang. It was Maddie for the 10th time calling to see where he was at.

"Want me to do the honors," Derek asked.

"No leave it! My parents must be wondering where I'm at," Dawson stood up. "Good night guys! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Bye," Jason called out. He was slumped on the couch watching some television, his only quality time he ever had to himself. Aaron was already asleep and it looked like Ray was about to hit the sack. Which he did. Derek being his usual self, was still awake in his bedroom tinkering with something.

Jason saw his suit in the glass capsule and looked back at the doors. Maybe a little visit wouldn't hurt. Jason smirked thinking how Dawson more likely was doing his own visiting. He smiled looking at his suit.

Bridget's Room
"Stupid," Bridget smiled as she met drawing on her notebook. She sat crisscross in her bed wearing her cozy pijama bottoms and a sweater that was a bit too big and masculine. It was her dad's.

"I'm telling you the energy is the powerful one. This one knocks off all the others off the map."

"Hey," a soft voice called out. Bridget jumped in surprise with her hand over her chest.
She turned bright red as she pulled herself up straight looking at Bolts who was standing by her nook.

"So I'm guessing you really love your singers?"

"Yeah," she tugged at a loose strand of hair, that managed to escape the clutches of her bun. "I've almost finished my collection. I just need the-."

"Beatles?"

"Yeah."

"I thought maybe you would have better use to it," he burst a smile. Bridget's eyes widened as she jumped up.

"I've always wanted it! How did you get it," Bridget spoke as she grabbed the framed record with the autograph from every single Beatle, from his rubber gloves. "My g-."

Back in the hangout, Derek gasped as he walked to his record bookshelves.

"JASON," Derek yelled.

In the room, Bridget grabbed the book biting her lips in excitement. She looked at Bolts and wrapped her arms around his chest.

"You have no idea how much that means to me," she laughed.

"Just thought you would want it. I'm glad you liked it." Bolts felt his watch vibrate. "That's my cue."

"Bye," she whispered. Bolts turned his back to her as he lowered his broad shoulders. He rubbed his biceps looking back at her. "Good night Bolts."

"Night," he smiled. He smacked his shoulder on her bookshelf knocking her framed picture of artists from the concerts she's gone to, on the ground. He gasped trying to pick them up when he heard her father calling out to Bridget. She was trying to hold back her laugh as she could see him turn bright red under his mask.

"Bridget! Is everything alright up there," Her dad asked.

"Go," Bridget laughed. Bolts took off as she knelt down to pick up her frames.