Chapter 17

The school wasn't much different the next day except Mickey was. Everyone knew the real Mickey but when she stepped into class that day, she wasn't the cheerful, care free Mickey everyone seemed to know. It just seemed worse.

She wouldn't even talk to Tanner. In physics, Tanner glanced over at Mickey who was just lost in thought.

"So," Benjamin leaned forward. "Who was the guy you were with yesterday? I heard you went missing- is he the reason why?"

"Leave her alone," Tanner spat. Jason glanced over wanting to hear the conversation.

"None of your business," Mickey flashed him a glare.

"Mixing some boyfriend fun into the mix," Benjamin raised an eyebrow. "Good for you."

"Shut up," Mickey reached out and grabbed his shirt collar. Benjamin gagged as she didn't let go. What are you doing kid?! Let go! Mickey felt a tingly sensation in her hand so she quickly dropped him the second Vick yelled at her.

"Novatek! Follow me," Vick pointed. Bridget and Maddie glanced back as the hushed classroom followed the shy girl with their gaze as she left.

Tanner flashed his look across the classroom and grabbed his stuff. Vick called out to him but he ignored the teacher for once, running out of class.

Hallmark
"So Einstein's theory shaped and redefined Isaac Newtons laws of physics," Hallmark held his chalk up in the air. He saw Mickey standing at the door with her arms crossed, chin hiding under her scarf. He looked at her, exhaling deeply. "Okay class, study chapter 12 today and tomorrow we have a pop quiz."

The final bell rang as everyone was out of there under a minute. Hallmark walked to the back looking at Mickey.

"Why did you do that," Hallmark asked.

"You know?"

"News travels fast, shy girl chokes out the jock," Hallmark exhaled.

"I- I need your help," Mickey looked at him. Mickey? You seriously want this guy to ruin his family in order to help you? I'd think this over. A sudden flash of blue past through her eyes. She looked up at him and inhaled deeply. "I got to go."

"Whoa," Hallmark pulled her back. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Mickey shook her head. "I got to go."

Hallmark watched her run out of the room and down the hallway. Why was this girl in such a hurry?

Mickey's Home
"I can't-," Mickey paced the room. She looked over at Riyak who sat at her desk going over her notebooks.

"You cracked the equation of gravity," Riyak held up about five sheets of paper. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe you are smarter than every human on this planet?"

Mickey sat down on her bed.

"How am I suppose to know who she is," Mickey questioned. "Explain."

"I detected blue energy on this planet, I came looking for it," Riyak informed her.

"I know that but who is it," Mickey pointed to him.

"I have a list-."

"You kidding me?! You travel- from your planet, to tell me you have a list?"

"That energy really distortions everything, even a simple location. It fried my energy reader," Riyak informed her.

"She fried your energy reader-," Mickey jerked her head back. "They are here."