Chapter 22

The first thing that comes to mind with the word destruction, is utterly desolate areas. It's scary thinking about it. Bridget cocked her head slightly when in Mr.Hallmark's class, he started talking about how a human could possibly take down a villain like himself. What she didn't get was why was he doing it. What teacher stops his class to talk about how to defeat a villain?

An undercover agent working for the FBI? An obsessed superhero fan? Bridget had to admit, this guy had good tactics. Singularities being energy themselves, if extracted from this energy they possess, he wouldn't be able to create anymore black holes or portals. The only problem would be if the guy was generating the power from the inside, not from the outside.

"What-," Dawson scratched his eyebrow with the back of his own. "What sort of device would one use? For this?"

"Nothing humanly made," Hallmark nodded. "Something fresh out of the tech lab, with the capacities of holding energy so strong also. It won't be easy but it isn't impossible. This is the 21st Century guys. We can stop Blackhole!"

Mickey eyed the enthusiastic classroom but Mr.Hallmark just put the lives of his students on the line. How could she allow this? She couldn't exactly speak up because she did. Everyone just began teasing her and calling her a coward. The end of the day was there.

"I have to agree with what you are saying," Jason spoke up as he jogged besides Mickey. "Not safe, what so ever."

"I know," she shook her head. "I gotta do something. See you around Maverick."

Hangout
"He wants to do what," Aaron snapped.

"He wants to create an energy dampener, sort of like the one Blackhole uses on Cosmo but to get rid of Blackhole's energy," Jason clarified.

"Why," Ray asked.

"Every villain or hero," Derek referred to Cosmo. "Has some sort of energy they use. If Blackhole gets rid of Cosmo's energy to power his own, that means he has energy too that can be dampened! That man is a genius!"

"You create that dampener," Aaron jerked his thumb. "I don't want that man doing anything."

Underground Bunker
"You've got the beam in place," Blackhole asked his minions. They all nodded as Blackhole pressed his hand on the on switch watching the blue energy pulsate its way down for the core. Problem was, it only got down about one hundred feet. It wasn't enough. "What's going on?"

"We need to be higher up sir," one of the men explained. "More momentum. We need that girl to power that much blue into the earth. Last time, we saw that it took a tremendous amount of energy for her to create the black hole herself. We don't have enough."

"Then I will tell you what to do," Blackhole turned. "I want you to hover this beam two miles up and beam it down with the last blue reserves we have. The girl will come. She's weak that way."

"You want us to continue the plan?"

"No, you fool! You turn that beam on and she will come to stop it! It's going to be a trap! Now get ready. We don't have much time."

Bus
Maddie scratched her eyebrow, staring out the window. Ever since the black out, every single car was in the shop so now public transportation was the new big thing. Bridget who sat next to her, inhaled deeply.

"I was thinking that maybe at the next stop, we grabbed something to eat. We have nothing at home," Dawson reported to his sister. Maddie shrugged and stared at a neon blue light in the distance. Jason and Dawson felt the bus slow down and come to a complete halt. Tanner and Mickey glanced at one another and back out at the beam that was approaching the freeway.

"This isn't good," Tanner whispered as the bus wouldn't start anymore.

"The blue energy is what fried the batteries," Jason realized. The beam slashed right in front of them, cutting the freeway in two. The bus and the cars behind it were perfectly still, except for the other half had crumbled and fallen down. Loud footsteps came from overhead, someone was walking. Maddie grabbed Bridget's arm as everyone stayed awfully quiet. The man crashed through the ceiling of the bus and stared around at the screaming students.

He faced Bridget.

"I finally catch the girl in blue," Blackhole smirked. "Care to step outside?"

Maddie let Bridget go as all the eyes laid on just one person on that bus. Bridget Tolson.

"I'm not the girl in blue," Bridget replied calmly. Blackhole roughly stood her up.

"HEY! Let her go," Mickey took a stand. Tanner yanked at her sleeve but she completely ignored him and the two other boys who were shaking their heads. Jason was about to unleash his lighting bolts but Dawson held his hand out.

"And you are?"

"Someone whose going to kick you off this bus."

"Mickey, what are you doing," Jason whispered. Her eyes were so focused and trained on Blackhole, it was almost as if she knew what she was doing.

"You pathetic little human want to kick me off? Let's see about that," Blackhole launching Mickey out through the side of the bus, down to the street below. Blackhole shook his head at the screaming students. Tanner pressed his face against the glass but instead of seeing Mickey, he saw Cosmo.

"Blackhole," Cosmo yelled. "You looking for me?"

"Mickey Connelly is Cosmo," Blackhole asked. Mickey grunted as her hand came on the side of the freeway concrete railings, and she pulled herself up and over it. Mickey panted in breath staring at Blackhole pointing saying, "You're not a very good man."

Blackhole yelled jumping out of the bus and straight for her. Cosmo zipped upwards into the dense clouds as no one saw them after that hour.