Chapter 19

Cosmo, held her gloved hand over her face to feel it softly jab her skin. It was burned and A.P.S hadn't reconstructed it. She was under blankets. Why?

"A.P.S," Cosmo asked.

Oh let me sleep.

"You alright? Where are we?"

How am I suppose to know, I just got melted to goo and I just came back. I had a software update too.

"Will you please fix the suit and let's get out of here-," Cosmo swung her legs over the side but ended up hissing in pain.

Take it easy. You have critical burns on your neck, shoulder, lower back, both thighs and your forearms. She really got through the suit.

"I told you titanium wouldn't work. I need your metal."

My metal, excuse me, is special. I can't just give it to you! There, suit is back to normal and you are completely healed.

Cosmo, got out of the bed, creeping for the door when she saw a flashing capsule with Bolt's suit inside. She touched her face but her mask was still on. Please tell me the mask was on the entire time! She heard two people talking and saw them making their way into the room. In a panic, she threw herself back into the bed and pulled the sheets up.

"Go back to the old suit. Holographic," Cosmo whispered harshly as the door opened. Thank goodness for the head mask, they couldn't see that she would be awake or not.

"I'm telling you, when Aaron finds out you kept the girl in blue in here, he's going to kill you," Dawson bit into the spoon full of cereal. "He wants to take her in to make sure she's not a menace for society and you are disobeying his orders Maverick."

"Oh shut up, like if you're the best role model for this," the British boy snapped. "Should we try and take off the mask again?"

"That thing isn't even screwed on, slid on, or anything. It looks like a onesie that closed on her feet. We've already tried it. She's not even awake man."

"I just need to know who the girl behind this mask is. Why would she bother helping us, here in Sierra City? Why is Blackhole and HeatStorm after her?"

"Once you become a journalist, let me know," Dawson walked out. Jason looked back down at the girl. He grinned softly and walked for the door. He heard the blankets ruffle but she was still there.

He, Tanner, pulled down at his brown leather jacket, making his way into the cafe. Ordering a coffee on the go, he heard Bridget call out to him. Politely, the kid walked over.

"Hey long time no see," Bridget laughed. "How have you been? Have you seen Mickey?"

"You too. Good. No," Tanner nodded. Leaning her fist against her chin, Bridget raised her eyebrows in confusion. "Why?"

"Oh uh," she straightened up, pulling back a strand of her hair. "No reason. Since you two seemed inseparable I just assumed maybe you knew. After the whole Benjamin incident, she seems completely different."

"I guess," Tanner leaned back to grab his coffee. Toying with it, he tapped his pinky impatiently. His eyes darted across the room to see Benjamin walking in, half surprised. "Hey Ben. What are you doing in these parts of town?"

"I always come to this coffee place," Benjamin smirked. Tanner gazed at him uncertainly. Benjamin was known to be a liar, arrogant and ostentatious. Nothing you could believe coming out of his lips unless if it was for his own benefit. Everything just seemed truthful when he talked. Maybe it was the sway about it, the way he made everything sound believable, but that didn't cut it with Tanner.

"You go to Starbucks because I specifically remember you saying, 'Disgusting wanna be cafe shops who have nothing else to do but cheaply impersonate the good stuff," Tanner pulled off his best cocky grin. Guess what? He nailed it!

"You messing with me, Ocean," Benjamin asked taking a slight step forward, chest puffed out. Let's be honest here. It seemed more like a frog croaking without self control. Horrible. Just horrible.

"You got it dude," Tanner took a drink of the coffee. "I'll leave you at it Benjamin."

Benjamin turned his head back watching Tanner hop back into his truck but instead of his only cup of coffee, he had two. Bridget stood next to Ben looking out at Tanner drive away.

"You think the punk is lying," Bridget flashed him a steady gaze.

"Oh yeah."

Backyard of Novatek's
Mickey was laid out on the lawn, playing the blades of grass. They lived about five minutes out of town in a little house. She loved the feeling of fresh plants because it was life itself breathing and striving to survive. She laughed to herself looking up at the crystal blue sky. Riyak was having his amusement sitting on the tree. He wasn't a very serious man. He seemed more playful and cheerful than most of the people Mickey ever met.

To their advantage, Kelly needed to get out of town for two days for X reason. Kelly didn't say much sometimes which annoyed Mickey but she couldn't argue with her mother. Riyak wouldn't let her. Respect the mother, don't talk back to your parents was what he would always be telling her now.

"Hey thanks for the food," Mickey raised her head a bit. "Appreciate it."

"Yeah good. That was my mother's favorite dish. Your planet has the same food elements as ours. Most of them," Riyak nodded.

"No wonder. So how's your planet," Mickey asked. "Is it like ours?"

"We don't have green on our planet. It's entirely covered with city. We don't have lakes or oceans. I would like to see it."

"Then why don't we," Mickey hopped up extending her hand. "Let's go. What are we waiting for?"

Hallmark
"Tell me what four components create the universe," he called out. "Come on?"

"Energy, Matter, Space and Time," Dawson replied almost automatically. See, the guy did have his smart moments. Even Hallmark was surprised. Tanner playfully smiled glancing over at Bridget who couldn't stop grinning. Jason jerked his head back watching the two trying not to laugh.

"Great," Hallmark clapped his hand. "Okay let's continue."

The hallways were crowded, it seemed more than normal. Trying to squeeze on by, Maddie reached her brother and grabbed his arm.

"Can we please leave," Maddie exclaimed. "I'm gonna die here being trampled by."

"Fine," Dawson pushed her ahead and walked behind her. Making their way back into the student parking lot, they saw Jason standing by their car. "What's going on?"

"The cars," Jason looked around the entire student parking lot. "They aren't working."

"What why," Maddie questioned seeing in fact that everyone had their hoods up looking into them. Except it wasn't just them as students, but the cars on the road had stopped.

"My phone," Maddie screamed right in Dawson's ear. "It's not working!"

"Either is mine," Tanner casually walked over. "I don't-."

Everyone seemed to turn to the engine roar of a motorcycle. Bridget had managed to turn her car on for another reason.

"Hey! Hey! Can you help us," some other kids called out to her. Bridget turned back and sat there, deciding. To not be rude, she walked over but immediately saw the problem. The battery. It was fried.

"I can't-," Bridget looked at them. "You need a new battery."

She walked around each car seeing if it was the same problem. It was. Problem was, that wasn't the only problem. It was a complete city shut down.