Chapter 23

Bolts and Dark Matter stood in the plaza staring straight up in the clouds, wondering where they could have gone. With that, the girl in blue, crashed down through the clouds, sticking a good landing. Straightening up, she stared at both heroes before her.

"Bolts," she nodded her head mask. "Matter."

"Where is he," Dark Matter snapped.

"He escaped in one of his portals," she lifted her head up. Bolts knew they had a plan but what exactly was hers? "My black hole opening tactics aren't very good. I wanted to make a wormhole and send him back to where he needs to be."

"Where is that exactly," Bolts asked.

"He's from the-," the earth shook from under them, throwing everyone into the ground. The girl was on her feet, staring straight at a blue beam, tearing into the ground. "Atom, you seeing this?"

"Sure am," the cylinder called out. "It's your energy."

"Mine," she asked as she took off. Bolts and Dark Matter were right at her tail. "How is it- Blackhole!"

"Bingo," The cylinder called out. "We got to stop it from that thing up on top."

"How exactly?"

"Do what you do best."

"Smash it is," The girl laughed as she raised her fists and flew straighter and faster for the metal beam starter and rammed her fists into it. She yelled, raising her hands. She didn't even leave a dent.

"I don't think you're suppose to do that," Dark Matter looked up to see a metallic cylinder come straight for Cosmo.

"What is that," Cosmo cocked her head. Atom, moved Cosmo up, to make the thing fly past.

"Use the heat energy," Atom ordered. From behind the mask, the girl shot her blue energy apparently from her eyes, cooking the cylinder into goo. Bolts was too busy examining the spherical ball expelling the energy.

"I'm serious! How do we stop this," Dark Matter exclaimed. Cosmo looked down at the ground staring at it. "What?"

"It isn't doing anything," Cosmo replied. "Maybe except cutting off all electrical life."

Bolts stared at himself, trying to use his electrical powers. They were working fine still.

"Why doesn't it affect the electric man," Atom asked.

"You run the diagnostics, I figure out what-," the girl turned. "It's a trap."

"What," Dark Matter asked.

"He did it on purpose! Get out!" The three hurled straight back down the split second that contraption expelled some sort of holographic net and trapped nothing but air. "He's out to get me, still."

"We are aware of that," Bolts looked at her as the beam stopped. "Look, we need to get this guy. Why don't we join forces?"

"Says the group of superheroes who wanted to catch me first? No thanks. I do solo," Cosmo raised her hand and took off. Dark Matter and Bolts stood side by side, glancing up at the sky.

"She won't do it? Will she," Dark Matter asked.

"How would you feel being solo most of your life and finally getting help? I wouldn't be so chippy either," Bolts shook his head.

Late Night
That night, Jason was asleep when he felt a jolt wake him up. Sitting up in bed, he stared down at his hands. They were fine. Knowing himself, he went into the training room and stepped into the training pad.

He raised his hand to absorb the electricity over him but nothing was happening. When he tried to shoot it out, nothing happened. Jason screamed. Aaron, Ray and Derek came running into the training room seeing Jason try to shoot the electricity/lighting out of him but nothing happened.

"What happened," Derek asked.

"Is that suppose to be a trick question," Jason snapped. "It doesn't work!"

In the med bay, Derek ran his little electric signal gadget all over Jason's front torso. He couldn't pick up any trace of it anywhere.

"How did this happen," Ray asked.

"The girl said her energy is like a thing that shorts out all sorts of electricity. It didn't affect me when I was there but now, it did."

"It's because you are electricity," Aaron tapped his foot. "That's why it didn't take affect that long."

"Aaron, I need my powers back," Jason stood up, off the table. "How else are we suppose to go up against Blackhole?"

"You aren't. Dawson will," Aaron walked out. Ray and Derek stared at Jason whose back was turned to them. He sure wasn't happy with that. Marching straight out, he followed Aaron back out into the living room.

"Aaron! What do you mean I won't?"

"Just like I said it."

"Why Dawson?"

"Look at what one thing did to you. It took your abilities. What can Blackhole do to you? I'm not taking that risk. Dawson has more ability to withstand the man because his energy is far more stronger than yours and somewhat comparable to Blackhole's."

"What then? Am I just suppose to quit? I just started this. I don't care if they are stronger than me! I want to know that I am still helpful and I can take this man down!"

"No you can't!" Jason stared at him behind the eyes of deception. His expression just dropped entirely, as if he had shot him in the heart. Jason turned, walking straight out of that hangout, with no intention of returning.

Mount Carver
Bolts stood on top of the mountain, staring down at the city of Sierra. Just realizing his life now, really made him worry about his future. He was too busy in his own meditation, he never realized how long he stayed sitting on that rock.

"You know, the longer you sit on that thing, you will melt it," a familiar voice called out. Bolts turned to see Cosmo standing there next to him. "How you doing?"

"Been better," Bolts disguised his voice to the American accent. "Just been thinking."

She pointed to the rock, which he scooted over to give her some room. She sat down as her metal plates hit one another but it didn't make noise. Bolts finally had the chance to get a good look at her.

The first layer seemed to be of a rubbery, thick spandex. The next layer seemed to be her blue energy exposed but over that was the hard plates that covered most of her body. Her head mask completely covered her neck. It looked like she had to slide into the suit because there was no opening to her head mask.

"Thinking about," she asked looking down at her rubbery gloves. Even her glowing energy came from the glass looking plates on her hands. Except these were bendable.

"Life."

"Me too," she looked up. The two sat there in awkward silence (at least to Jason) one staring at the city and the other staring up at the sky. Bolts looked over at her but her head was still tilted up. "Isn't it beautiful?"

He looked up at the starry night, seeing that the stars and the Milky Way just seemed to get brighter and with a better view. Bolts looked over at Cosmo who laughed slightly.

"Why," Bolts snapped. Cosmo jerked her head over in a surprise. "Why did you have to come?! You know I can't be who I want to be be-."

Bolts stood up, walking closer for the edge. Cosmo sat there staring at him, not knowing where he was taking this.

"Why did you have to ruin my life?"