Chapter 4

Bridget leaned against her forearm, biting the end of her pen. Her physics paper really seemed to stump her. Perhaps she was just trying to give Mr.Vick a little kick out of it. Bridget flipped the page and stood up, marching right up to his desk.

"Done," she smiled handing him the page. Mr.Vick gasped leaning forward scanning the paper.

"Excuse me," The same girl Dawson rammed the door into her face, whispered as Bridget stepped aside. "Here you go Mr.Vick."

"Thank you Mickey," Mr.Vick nodded as the girl walked back for her seat and scratched her head.

"PST," Tanner whispered just moving his elbow slightly. "Give me the answer to 6."

"Dude," The revealed name of Mickey, looked at him. Tanner moaned leaning back down over his paper. Jason who was on the other side of the room watched Mickey pull out her notebook and got to work. He was already done and he was having fun watching Dawson struggle with the subject. Once Bridget sat down, Dawson pretended to be going over the sheet.

She flashed him a grin. Dawson turned his head discreetly mouthing, help me. Jason raised his shoulders with a cocky smirk on his face. I hate you. Jason chuckled softly as the entire class was still awfully quiet.

"Ms.Novatek," the person at the door called out. The entire class looked up at the office aid. No one exactly knew who Novatek was. "Grab your things and come with me."

Mickey Novatek slid her notebook into her backpack and carried it outside.

"You busted Novatek," A kid asked.

"If I am, I'll give you a call," Mickey had her back to the door, walking for it. "So we can both ditch."

She sticked her tongue out and gave him two thumbs up. The kid laughed and agreed as she stepped out.

"Alright alright," Mr.Vick muttered. "Nothing to see here! Get back to your quizzes!"

Once the torture was over, Maddie ranted, "I hate him. Vick is a pain in the b-u-t-t. I wish we would have had Jessica Miller."

"Wait," Bridget asked. "You mean that one girl? She's a teacher?"

"Oh no. She's a student. She's Vick's niece and she can really bring him down," Maddie laughed. "She's the nicest girl you can know."

"I should say so," Jason laughed. "She really is."

"Hey Jason," Bridget gasped grabbing his arm. "I just remembered, you like the Hot Red Chili Peppers?"

"The band," Jason asked.

"Yes," Bridget exclaimed in excitement.

"Always have and always will."

"I got two tickets and I had a feeling Dawson wasn't into it," Bridget glanced back at him. The guy scowled at Jason. "Can you come with me? Please?"

"You don't even have to ask," Jason laughed.

"Oh you're so cool," Bridget laughed. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Oh you are going to have a blast."

Maddie smiled as they kept on walking for their cars. Mickey was knelt besides her motorcycle trying to fix something. Dawson, still angry with Jason, stormed off to see Mickey. That wasn't the only thing running through his mind. Last night they didn't get to see Bridget! All Jason's idea!

"Hey, you need help," he asked placing his hands on his hips, uneasily moving about. Mickey turned her head looking up at him. "You- you need help! Here, let me help you."

This guy really didn't know when to stop. He wasn't the stop man either. Jason was the one who had to pull him back from dangerous or risky situations. If it weren't for him, Dawson would already be in the hospital, slapped by a girl, or better yet in jail. Dawson wasn't a bad guy, he just had a tendency to step his foot in way too far.

"Dawson, it's fine," Mickey spoke in a firm voice for the very first time. "I need to go."

Dawson, forgetting that the office aid had called her out of class, stepped back to let Mick drive away. Question was, if they had called her out since the beginning of the day, why was she still here?

"Nice set of Wheels," Bridget spoke up. "I like that bike. What's her name again?"

"You know something- it was Mickey Novatek," Maddie snapped her fingers. "Yeah. She's really quiet."

"Not too quiet towards me," Dawson muttered. "Well, to be honest, not really. I just don't think no one exactly talks to her. She's new too."

"With you everyone needs to be loud with," Jason flashed a witty remark. Bridget laughed looking back at him. "Sorry but what do you tell me?"

"Burn baby! Burn," Maddie clapped her hands in laughter.

"Hey you guys want to come with me to the ice cream shop," Bridget asked. "My treat?"

"I think Dawson needs some to cool off," Jason winked.

"You know what? Shut it Maverick," Dawson muttered.

The ice cream shop was a local kid hangout spot. Half of the seniors always met up here. It was a 60s style type of shop. It was a nice little shop to hang out in to be honest.

"Haven't been here in a long time," Jason whispered to himself. They sat down at the booth ordering some sundaes.

"So," Maddie leaned forward. "What do you want to do on Sunday?"

"Peterson is throwing a pool party," Dawson rested his arm over the chair. "We've been invited."

"He actually invited us," Jason asked surprised. Bridget cocked her head just a bit.

"Why? Why are you surprised," Bridget asked.

"It's just that Benjamin Peterson isn't exactly nice to them two. I don't know. Maybe hormonic teenager boys you know," Maddie shrugged.

"Hormones are for women," Dawson muttered.

"I get it. Macho man," Bridget laughed. "Whose better? Right?"

Jason furrowed his eyebrows scanning the ceiling.

"It takes real men to say the truth," Maddie leaned against her fist.

"Fine," Dawson flashed her a glare. Maddie loves pushing his buttons. Specially around a cute girl. It was just the little sister way.

The lights began to flicker and shut off completely. Everyone in the ice cream shop was very quiet as loud popping noise came from behind. A man in an overcoat stood holding his hands out with a sneer on his face.

"Come out! Come out where ever you are," the man's hoarse voice taunted. Jason and Dawson glanced at one another as they were trying to get out of the restaurant with the rest of the screaming teenagers.

"No," the man laughed standing in front of them. Bridget and Maddie jerked their heads around for the guys.

"Classic," Maddie muttered.

"Oh thank goodness," they heard a girl exclaim. Bolts and Dark Matter stood right before the man in Black.

"Let them out," Bolts ordered. "This is between us."

"Like always. Trying to act the hero," The man laughed. "Nice try."

The floor literally shattered with the man's energy.

"NOW," Dark Matter yelled. Bolts absorbed the electricity from the broken lightbulbs and used it as a straight shot for the man. The man was shot through the window landing in the middle of the street. Dark Matter flew over him coming straight for him but the man did something that stopped him in the air.

"Hey," Bolts yelled holding his hand up to strike him again but the energy from his hand was draining. The man was absorbing his and Matter's energy!

An ear piercing scream erupted from out of nowhere and a flash of blue came out like a pulse. No one remembered anything after that.

Amelia Blaire Rose as Mickey Novatek