ᴀʙʏsᴍᴀʟ ɢᴀᴛʜᴇʀɪɴɢs.

"I didn't know I had a heart,

Until you died."

†††

It had been nearly three years into the outbreak. We had watched the world turn on itself, reclaiming the land for the dead. The universe might have given us the warning signs, but did we listen? No. We let those overly clever scientists play with the natural order in hopes of finding what? A cure? Fuck that. To them, we were just rats in a cage being lead around by the little cube of cheese at the center of a maze.

The nights had progressively become more and more dangerous the longer time passed since the first person was bitten. We all lost someone, or we lost everyone at one point in time during the blood and gore of it all. It was my kind of world now, and I got to watch the people I love become lost in their new life.

But not me.
I had already been more than lost from the start of it all. I had already begun a nasty reign of terror in my past life. This new world was not ready for me. But I guess I wasn't ready for it either, because I had finally met my match in a man everyone had been running from since the start of it all.

"All right, you sorry shits!" His voice boomed throughout the empty parking lot, his men surrounding us like sharks in bloody water, "my name, is Negan. I'm sure you shits have fucking heard of me before." he swung around a bat as he paced, "and this is my lovely Lucille, she's my dirty girl." Negan beamed when he stopped for a moment before puffing up like a peacock, "So, tell me, where did you come from? You fucks are well dressed, fucking nicely fed, and potentially cleaner than ninety-nine percent of the assholes standing here."

"W-We don't have a group. We're travelers." Donnie tells Negan, I watch him plead for his life as this man paced in front of us. His barb wired wrapped bat over his broad shoulders, "we mostly stay near a lake, we left because our campsite was overrun by B-Biters." he kept his head low, like a dog with its belly up to its master.

"Why, is it so hard for me to fucking believe you?" Negan pondered the information given to him, "don't make me fucking ask you again, you shit!" He barked, making those who were scared jump out of their skin.

"We're from Sirius." I tell Negan, he looked at me in surprise, "it's a large community of survivors just beyond the city limits." Donnie, Mac, Gregg, and Fiona look at me with their tear-filled eyes, like I had betrayed everything we stood for. I kept my eyes on this man in front of us.

"I know where the fuck Sirius is, sweetheart." Negan made his way to me, walking through the bloody mess we used to call Heather. He had no problem killing a mouthy whore. It was like he knew she was a thorn in our sides, "I'm glad you decided to fucking speak up for your shitty group." He grabbed my chin, tilting my head as he inspected my face like I was something he could put back on the shelf if he didn't like what he saw.