ғɪʟᴛʜʏ ʙᴀsᴛᴀʀᴅ.

"Technically, this is murder

But some of the best love stories start with a murder."

†††

Sirius had become slightly overrun with the dead. The fence was rammed down by a truck that leads to a house. Which only meant that Jeffery had done something majorly wrong to have had most of the community pushed back from the surrounding houses. I sit straight as we pulled up out back of the recreational building, opening the door, grabbing my gun as I stepped out.

"Renegade?" Gregg seemed amazed that I was alive, "you're alive!" he nearly went to take me into his arms, thankful to see my face again. I was honestly surprised to see him still alive as well. But I guess it wasn't too far off. He was a coward. Cowards seemed to live the longest or die the fastest.

"Yeah, yeah, she's alive." Negan pointed Lucille at him, " as I said before to your friend Fiona, she's mine now. She's not here for anybody, but me." Gregg stood down, "do your thang, sweet cheeks." He slapped my ass. I glare back at him.

"What's going on? Where's Jeffery?" I step up on the wheelchair ramp.

"He's gone nuts. He's holed up in his house. He's been there since you left." Gregg tells me, I follow him into the building, Negan close behind.

"Who's in charge now?" I asked him, expecting him to say that he is, but he didn't.

"No one. We're a group without a leader." He shrugged, looking back at Negan and me, "you look well." he was making small talk, it might get him killed if he kept at it.

"You should have seen me yesterday." I glance at Negan who wore a smile on his face, "you still realize what we're here for, right?" I asked. I wasn't expecting anything out of them, but he answered me anyway.

"Y-yeah. But we're running on low. So many of us have died, and Jeffery hasn't been on a supply run in days. We have nothing to share because we have nothing." Gregg scratched the back of his head nervously. He was afraid someone else might die because of their lack of supplies.

"That's fine. You can fucking pay me with his life. Where the fuck is he?" Negan took over, clearly not able to let me be in charge for any amount of time. I slow down so he could walk with Gregg. I come to a stop as we entered the main room, feeling horrible for what had happened to them all. Negan backtracked to me. He grabbed my arm, "I want you to recruit as many of these people as you can." He said softly, "if you care for them, you'll be their leader, and bring them back with us."

"Why? So you can torture them all too?" I asked him, "I'm not doing anything. They don't deserve you." I fight against his grip on my arm. He held me in place as he stared me down.

"They don't fucking deserve this either, Renegade. Look at them. They're dying here." Negan grips my arm harder.

"I'd rather see them be free and crying, than suffering and caged." I yank my arm back from him, " as I said, they don't deserve you, Negan. I'll suffer a thousand tortures by your hand before I gather them up like pigs for slaughter in your factory." We share a very angry, very silent hard glare at each other before Jeffery was brought into the room.