ᴢᴇʀᴏs.

"I want to crush you in my hand like a delicate flower

"I want to crush you in my hand like a delicate flower."

†††

𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓱𝓼 𝓛𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻;

The Factory had fallen silent that day her yellow Hummer pulled up out front. It sat there for what seemed like an eternity before Negan gave the okay to open the gate to let it in. I didn't know how to feel when it showed up. Like a bad dream that lingered on your skin for days and made you afraid of everything all at once. It was as if they all knew what had rolled in. They knew an omen of death had cloaked their lives.

It was surreal. To see Daryl step out of the driver's seat of that giant truck. He looked happier now. happier to not be in this shithole of a place, being treated like an animal in a cage by an asshole of a man. He had his vest and crossbow back. And possibly a shower. To say he looked good, was an understatement. His blue eyes weren't dull when he looked around at where he had just been months before.

"Renegade." Daryl stood at the front of the Hummer, he had that look on his face like this wasn't my fight and I should have let Negan come out here to deal with it himself, "where's Negan? Butch better not come out of nowhere."

"Negan is taking care of something. My dog is with him. For your safety," I tell him, trying to look past him into the windshield of the Hummer. The windows were tinted in just the right places that no one could see who was in the seats unless the windows were rolled down, "I can help you with whatever you think you need to do or settle." my heart raced when the passenger door opened up.

"I really doubt you can." The blonde who had dropped down from the lifted seats smiled as she shut the door to her beast of a vehicle and walked to the front of it, "I don't know you." she lit up a cigarette between pale pink lips before bringing it down between her fingers. She was even more stunning than the pictures Negan had of her.

"My name is Renegade." I had hoped she didn't hear the tremble in my voice, "I'm also in charge here." I looked to Daryl who looked down at the blonde as she handed him the cigarette, "I helped Daryl out of here."

"So that makes you my fucking hero?" the blonde inspected me like it was unusual for another woman to be standing here in front of her, "I'm not here for you, Renegade. I'm here for Negan. So get his ass out here, or I'll fucking make sure you don't live long enough for him to rescue you." she grabbed the cigarette back from Daryl, leaning on the front bumper of the Hummer.

"Whatever beef you have with him, you can take up with me." I let myself get angry at her. It was better than being afraid, "I know who you are, Emmett. You need to explain to me why you're here when you already have what you want."

"Having Daryl back is not all that I want." Emmett was unphased by how I knew her name, "I want this place burned to the ground with Negan in it." she was sizing me up. Deciding on if she could take me or not, "unless you think otherwise."