ᴏʙsᴜᴄʀᴇ ᴏᴘᴘʀᴇssᴏʀ.

"You make me feel like
glass runs through my veins."

†††

I stopped short, gripping the crowbar tighter in my blood soaked hands. Three Biters were shambling my way, growling as they lurched forward. My feet were sore from walking all day, to no where in particular, just someplace where I didn't have to deal with my sister. Anywhere was better than the compound at this moment. I would kill them all if I had to be contained like an animal any longer.

"She thinks-" I jam the straight end of the crowbar into the first Biters temple, backing up as it drops, "that she can just come into my fucking life and-" I drop the second one with a kick to the legs, backing up again to take on the third one, "take all I have, she's fucking wrong!"

I kick the second one I dropped, stomping down on its skull till it's decaying brain and nasty blood was all over my boots and pants, splattered against my other leg. I felt a little better after that but decided to stomp in the other two heads just to be sure.

"I'd like to curb stomp her fucking head in too." I brush aside my long hair, standing straight as a familiar truck drives in from the distance. I judged that I had about three minutes till it got here, so I used that to beat the holy hell out of the Biter that had been attracted to my angry outburst, "always fucking there to dampen a good time, aren't you, Negan dearest?" I mutter, bringing my knee up again and again as my boot smashed deeper and deeper.

Just as the truck finally noticed me and slowed down, I slipped on brains as it pulled up, losing the crowbar and my dignity. My ass hit the corpse, blood soaking through my jeans. I cringe, inhaling through my teeth as the pain radiated up my spine.

"Fucking A, cotton." I curse, hearing the truck door open.

"There you are, my little butterfly." Negan grabbed my arm, helping me up, "you fucking stink." He laughed.

"Yeah, and so do you." I yank my arm away from him, "now that you've found me, leave me alone." I had left the compound earlier that morning to get away from what had been going on. I was tired of Kylie mouthing off to me every Goddamned time she saw me. Which were too many times than I cared to fucking count. She was just there every time I rounded a corner and I wanted to hit her in her dumb face every fucking time she was in mine.

"No. We've found another group. Moonshiners." Negan seemed proud of their find, "we gonna get shit faced." he was silently implying that he wanted me to be there with him. I wouldn't go.

"That's not my life anymore remember? You've got Kylie." I pick up my bag that was resting near the abandoned gas station, "I ain't no hillbilly."

"Where are you fucking going?" He barked at me, "get the fuck back here."

"You don't own me." The famous line that I just knew would make him angry with me. I walked a good distance before the truck pulled in front of me, forcing me to stop and deal with Negan.

"Why are you so fucking upset with me?" Negan stepped down from the truck, "is it because of your sister?" I just stare at him. Was he that dense? The silence was another one of those things that made him grind his teeth, "you know I still fucking love you, right?"

"Tell it to the choir." I crossed my arms, "I've heard it all before, Mr. Big Stuff. I don't need you to do anything for me. I never did. And now that you've got another me, what makes you fucking think you can just sleep with her and not think I wouldn't catch on?" I asked him, "she's my sister. Of course, she's going to sleep with you because she always, always takes what I have. She's a manipulative bitch who's just using you for safety."

"I didn't sleep with her." Negan didn't have Lucille on him, which was something I wasn't used too. Where was she?

"Oh, but it's okay for her to do other things to you?" I watched him get angry, "I thought you were better than that? After Lucille? You could have been a whole shit ton more faithful to me if you loved me."

"You are walking on thin ass ice as it is for fucking leaving me to deal with your sister! Don't you fucking dare bring up Lucille!" He hit me in blind anger. Sending me to the ground with a stinging face. I look at him, his face softened for a moment before it turned so mean again, "don't fucking come back. If you do, I'll smash your fucking pretty face into the ground."

"Good. Then I wouldn't have to see your ugly mug ever again, you filthy pig!" I stand up and shove him back, feeling the side of my face starting to swell, "I'm fucking done with you. You were never worth my fucking time!" I yell at him as he flips me off and gets back into his truck, "I hope your whore treats you better, asshole! Don't expect me to come begging for you either!"

"I don't fucking plan on it, sweetheart!" Negan yelled. I watched the truck drive away, flipping it off as it left me stranded. Like he always did. Always there to put his foot in the door when I was having fun, but quickly left when he didn't create the shit storm. What a guy. I grab the crowbar once more, heading the same direction as the truck. Maybe I could find someone who will take me in just for a little while. For just enough time that I could get a gun or to if Negan hasn't gotten to them already.

"Shit, he's like a freaken blood disease." I shake my head, noticing a house with a fence around the front part of it. A Doberman watched me from the porch, tied to the post with sad eyes, "hey, guy." I walk up to the fence, seeing a body slumped over in the rocking chair that was against the wall, "need help?" I unlatch the gate, letting myself in and closing it behind me.

The dog looked up at me, mostly skin and bones underneath the borderline matted fur. I hold out my hand for it to sniff, smiling as it stood up on weak legs, wagging its stumpy tail.

"Well, you've got some life left in ya still, don't cha?" I untie to short leash from the post, avoiding the dried up piles of crap, "is this your owner?" I asked the dog. It whined softly, going over to lick the dead man's fingers. He had blown his brains out, not thinking about his dog. Which was messed up if you asked me, but great too cause that meant I got me a firearm.

I grab the shotgun that had fallen from his hands, walking over to the front door to listen. The house was quiet, but that didn't mean I wasn't in trouble. As I opened the door, I whistle loud enough to echo amongst the dusty furniture. It remained dead silent.

"Hmph. Must have lived alone." I shrugged, walking in with the dog, locking the door behind us. It looked like nothing had been touched here in a while.

A few months at the most, which meant that this guy defended his house the best he could before deciding no one alive was ever coming for him. The pantry had cans of food and water, along with some wet dog food, "let's get you some grub, and then I'm gonna see what I can find for us." I unhook the leash from his collar, looking at the bone shaped name tag engraved with a name and address. "Butch? Is that your name?" He wagged his tail, licking my face with his dry tongue. I smiled, "well Butch, it's just you and me now buddy."

I stand, walking over to the pantry to grab water and dog food. He followed me to his bowls, watching carefully as I washed them out before filling them up and setting them back down for him. I know I shouldn't have taken to this dog because I knew in the end, I was the one who was going to suffer from this when he got hurt and died. But he needed me, and I needed him at that moment. More than I realized I would.

<1456>