Chapter 23

Liam's POV-

A sleek black car pulls up to the center and I raised a brow. Why the fuck is such a nice car coming into this shit hole? It idles by me and I start to question things even more. One of the windows rolls down to reveal my raven haired best friend.

"Zayn! What is this? You guys are taking me somewhere, aren't you?!" I asked, and everyone stepped out of the car and engulfed my in a huge group hug. "Yeah, we're taking you out Liam, you're a free man now!" Harry yelled, hugging me again. "Jesus Christ, you guys make it sound like I'm being released from prison."

After a while we finally got into the car, and Zayn found it fit that he drive. "How's it feel to be back?" Louis asked, laying a hand on my shoulder. "It's amazing, being out of that hell hole is amazing. So, once again. Why the hell did you guys rent this car? You know I'm perfectly fine with riding around in Zayn's car and hitting up Taco Bell for my first meal as a free man." I said, and Del put her small hand in mine.

"We wanted to make this special for you, Liam. You're finally back and we wanted to give you the best welcome back." "So I'm guessing you and Zayn are behind this one then?" I asked, kissing her cheek. "Don't forget about me! I knew you'd just love all of this." Niall smirked, sarcasm smothering his words. "You're all a bunch of weirdos, but I was put on this earth to deal with you for a reason." I smiled, my first real smile in ages. God, it feels good to be back.

The car came to a halt after about twenty minutes, and Zayn had this creepy smile on his face when he turned around. "We have arrived." "Said the creep." I joked, punching his shoulder. "Yep, Liam's definitely back." He punched me back. This is what I've missed, just being around all of this with the people I've chosen to tolerate. I'm back in my element, if that's the way to put it.

We walked into the restaurant and Zayn asked for the reservation, then we were walked over to this huge table in the middle of the restaurant, since a booth would be too small to fit all of us. "Alright, these people are probably terrified because a bunch of tattoo covered dudes walked into this place, not dressed like businessmen I add, with someone as pretty as Del." I said, putting an arm around her waist. "About that, while you were gone I met a girl." Zayn said, a huge smile covering his face.

"Look at you, growing up on me. Who's the lucky girl and why didn't you bring her with us?" "First off, I am older than you Payno. Her name's Chelsea and she had something to do beforehand, she'll be here soon though." "Wait, as in Chelsea my roommate? Short, blonde hair, green eyes?" Del asked, shock evident on her face.

"Yeah, that's her. Wait, so you're telling me you two know each other? And we're dating each others best friends?" "Yeah Zayn, that's exactly what I'm saying. This is interesting to say the least. I guess we'll all be seeing a lot more of each other then." We all laughed at that one. The world works in weird ways, I guess.

When Chelsea showed up, the look on her face was priceless. "Oh, hey Del." "Hey, this is Liam, I'm assuming you know the others already." Del said, and I was fighting to keep my composure because this was too much. Zayn looked over at me like he was trying not to lose it, and that was it for me. "This- this is priceless. Oh my god- I- this is too good." I laughed harder than I have in a long time, and after a while everyone joined in. 

When the confusing and hilarity of everything finally died down, we ordered and went on to have normal conversation, which involved the girls explaining to each other why me and Zayn being as close as we are had never come up. It was fun to watch, because Chelsea claimed she knew we were friends, but she didn't think we lived together. Del countered with the fact that she knew that and why didn't Chelsea tell her she was dating someone anyways, blah blah blah. I can't keep up with all this girl drama stuff, it makes my head hurt.

Everyone went separate ways after dinner. Zayn left with Chelsea, Harry and Louis went home, Niall went wherever the hell it is he had to go, and me and Del made our way back to the apartment. "So, what would you like to do now that we're alone?" I asked, pecking her lips. She pulled me in, I could feel the hunger in her touch. 

I had her up against the wall, and we only broke the kiss so that she could remove my shirt. My hands went up her shirt, and I could feel the goosebumps on her skin as I touched her bare skin. I stopped kissing her and put a finger on her chin so she could look up at me. I could see the passion in her eyes, the want. "Are you sure? Is this really what you want?" I asked, making sure she was aware of what she was doing. "Liam, I want you, you're all I've ever wanted."

She pulled me in for another kiss, her hand moving to my hair. I hoisted her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist. We stumbled into my bedroom, and fell onto my bed. Her lips left feather light kisses down my body, and stopped at my belt. I pulled her up to me and took of her shirt. "This is what you really want?" I asked again, and she put her finger to my lips. "Do I have to say it again, Liam? I want you, only you." She whispered, licking her lips.

I looked down at her, she looked so angelic. I slid into her, and she winced at the contact. "You okay?" I asked, and she nodded, her eyes screwed shut. "I'm okay, it just stings a bit." The rest was all silent, give or take a few moans here and there. It wasn't like most of the sex I've had, screaming and love bites. It was slow and quiet, because I know it's her first time and I didn't want to hurt her, god knows if I did I'd never forgive myself.

Delilah's POV-

I looked up at Liam afterwards, and he smiled. I returned it, putting my hand in his. I just laid there, listening to the soft thrum of his heartbeat as I played it all back. I didn't know what to expect going into this, but it wasn't like what I'd read in books or seen in the movies. There were no bruises, broken headboards, none of that. It was slow, like Liam was treating me as if I were a flower, something fragile, like he didn't want to break me. 

"Liam, I love you so much." I said, sitting up on my elbows. He pulled me into him, my head lying in the crook of his shoulder. "I love you too Del, god, I love you so much." He confessed, kissing my forehead. "You're amazing Liam, I'm so proud of you. You're finally home and I've missed you so much, thank you for everything." "But what have I done for you? If anything, I should be thanking you."

"Liam, you've brought me so much joy these past few months. You've made me happier than I've ever been, just by being you. You've taught me a lot about life, a lot of things I would have never learned. I'm blessed to have you in my life. I'm in love with you Liam, and I wouldn't have it any other way."