The Surface

The four walk to the barrier with Frisk shuddering in Asriel's arms. Once they reach the barrier Analie and Chara both lift their left hand and six human souls appear. Green, orange, yellow, purple, dark blue, and light blue. Chara and Analise put their right hand on their chests and a light green and black soul appear. Analise and Chara start chanting something under their breaths. All of a sudden a loud shattering noises echoed through the Underground. Analise whisks around and stares at Asriel and Frisk.

"Well, the barrier's broken," Analise smirks.

" LET'S GET THE fuck OUTTA HERE" Chara complained relieved of the fact that she was finally free.

The four walk into sunlight at last. Chara and Analise are hand at hand, with Chara almost skipping, looking for her next victim of murder. Asriel put Frisk on the ground and hugged her tightly. Frisk clutched Asriel's hand tightly and started to drag him to her family's village.

Skye was laying on his bed reading Frisk's favorite novel. It's been a year after she left. Skye's father got remarried and left Skye alone in the house. Skye forced himself to walk into Frisk's room. All her belongings were exactly how she left them. Tears slowly formed in his eyes as memories of him and his sister flashed in his mind. He decided to go to the garden of golden buttercups a little bit beyond the village.

Frisk and Asriel reached the buttercup field at the edge of town. Frisk clutched her heart locket tightly and plops into the buttercups.

"Welcome to the surface, Sans... I know you've always wanted to see it, so here it is." Frisk whispers.

"What did you say?" Asriel asks, his gaze now taken off the buttercups.

"Nothing... just showing Sans the Surface."

"How? Sans is dead, there is no way he could have lived... right?" Asriel asks.

Frisk opens her locket and shows Sans's dust to Asriel. Asriel gasps at the dust inside and gazes at the picture of all the monsters of the Underground.

"Exactly how did you get your hands on his dust?" Asriel questions curiously.

"Before his dust got blown away, I grabbed a palm full and put it in my locket," Frisk explains.

Asriel sits down in the buttercups with Frisk and smiles.

"You really loved him didn't you?"

"Yeah... ever since- you know what nevermind," Frisk stopped mid sentence.

"Whatever, anyways I have good news for you."

"What's that?"

"We can revive Sans, we just need an intelligent human. If only Alphys was alive."

Frisk face brightened at the words "We can revive Sans". Her heart wasn't as broken as before and she sighed slightly.

Skye reached the buttercup field when he saw two figures sitting. He looked closer and saw a monster. He was about to run and call for help until he saw Frisk sitting next to it. He ran in Frisk's direction. She was holding a red locket and was staring at the sunset with the goat monster. Once he got close enough he hugged his little sister. The monster started to growl and Frisk shrieked a little. Frisk looked at Skye and tears started to form in her eyes.

"Calm down Asriel, I know it doesn't look like him anymore. But this is Skye," Frisk introduced.

"Frisk, you've been gone forever... why did you leave? I missed you sis, so did Noah... He's working in the fields today and should be coming home soon," Skye says.

"Wait, Noah lives with you now?" Frisk asks.

"Yeah, dad left just like mom. Same with Noah's parents so we live together," Skye explains, "Anyways, who's Asriel?"

Frisk points at Asriel and he has his arms crossed. Skye gazed at the tall monster. He trembled a bit but then extended his arm to shake hands with Asriel. Asriel reached out and shook hands with Skye. Asriel then smiles gently at Skye. Skye remembers helping this monster get back to the Underground when he was seriously injured. Asriel also seemed to remember but never knew it was Frisk's brother.

"Hey Skye, thanks for everything you did for me back then," Asriel smiles.

"Well, kindness is my thing... I hate to see living things suffer."

"You and Frisk are both the same; you both care for others no matter what."

Frisk tugged on Asriel's and Skye's sleeves. She was determined to go back home.

"C'mon, I want to go back home. Asriel try to stay in the shadows or the villagers will try to kill you. Now let's go," Frisk beckons.

Asriel nods then heads into the shadows. Frisk and Skye casually home.

A/N: Might be busy for a while and not update.