4

"Thank you for walking with me." Baekhyun said and bowed. All three just chuckled with the gratitude the smaller gave. One did not gave any response and bowed his head with an unreadable expression.

"We'll be heading home now." Luhan said and started dragging Kris and Jongin. "Bye Baekhyun!" He continued and waved his hand.

Chanyeol looked at them and quickly took the smaller's arm and tug it for few steps from outside the gate. Chanyeol's brows furrowed as he study every single bit of Baekhyun's face. From his eyes to the edge of his jaw.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was looking straight at the taller with wide eyes.

Right then, the taller harshly released the smaller's arm, earning a groan from Baekhyun. He stomped his way out of the gates and followed the other's home.

Baekhyun hissed in pain and he look on his arm. "What the hell is his problem? What the hell was that.."

--

Yah, Luhan, please let me copy the answers for the assignment. Baekhyun typed and sent it to his friend. He tapped his fingers on the table then glided it to feel the smooth surface.

"Ugh," He groaned and folded his arms and rest his head over them.

Go to school early tomorrow, I'll let you copy. Luhan replied but Baekhyun was too busyㅡ too busy thinking about what happened earlier.

He remembers how Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed with the most unreadable and penetrable expression he has ever seen and the taller's hand gripping his arm like he was about to break it. "Why would he even do that..?" Baekhyun asks himself, earning a small sigh from himself.

"Ey, little Byunie."

"Baekbom, I have a name." Baekhyun hisses. His brother just waved his arms in the air, completely disregarding what his younger brother said. "You looked off, what happened?"

Baekhyun rolled his eyes on his brother then replied a 'Thank you' to Luhan. "Don't roll your eyes on me, Byun Baek."

"Okay, there's this 'friend'," Baekhyun started then drew quotation marks with his fingers. "Which pulled me earlier. He was like, I don't know. He has this weird.. angry and sad expression plastered on his face at the same time, then he's clutching my arm like in between of gentle and harsh-- but it definitely hurt."

Baekbeom chuckled. "What are you laughing at?" The younger looked around and his brother completely broke into laughter. "I don't know, maybe he has a crush on you. He's jealous or something." The older replies.

"No way," Baekhyun acts like he was surprised. "No way, oh my gosh--" He continued and fanned his face. "--frick you." He says as his expression falls into a poker face that made his brother's laugh went straight up louder.

"I mean it!"

"Don't fracking say that. It's gross." He wants to say. "Why are your cheeks flaming red right now?" Baekhyun's hands shot up to touch his warm cheeks. Embarrassed, he punched his brother on the arm and took the laptop and ran to his own room.

"GO WASH THE DISHES, OLD MAN!" He shouted as soon as he reached his own room. He gently place his laptop on top of his study table then went to bed then dropped his whole weight on the soft mattress. So embarrassing. He mentally says to himself.

Why does it have to be that tall guy? I mean, it could be Taeyeon, Hyera, Yuri.. but why him?

He grabs the pillow and placed it between his arms.

Why does it have to be Chanyeol? I'm.. already hopeless. He has Mabel already. Why do he keep on saying that she's only her bestfriend? It hurts me. Not because he already have a girlfriend but for Mabel. To be.. denied on what you are. To be denied your purpose in his life.

He squeezed his eyes shut. He bit his lower lip and then he broke into sounds of small laughter.

"I'm not hoping. We're just classmates after all." He said to himself.

---

"Good morning, Chaeyoung." Baekhyun greeted. Chaeyoung, one of his classmate, waved back and greeted. He smiled and turned his head, he saw one of his friends.

"Hey." He greeted him and placed his arm on the taller's back. "Play my favorite." He grinned and took one of the earphones. He inserted it on his left ear and sat next to his tall friend.

He placed his chin over the shoulder of the taller and took the taller's phone to pick his favorite song before blasting it to their ears. "Are you finish with your homework?" Then the smaller's eyes suddenly went wide. "Dang it, Luhan!" He said. "He's not here, as I suspected. That late little deer."

The taller laughed and smiled, "Here. Copy mine." Baekhyun looked at him with an unsure look. "Is it okay, Kris?" He asked. Kris nodded and patted the shorter's head.

Jongin silently appeared in front of them. The other two seems like they didn't noticed him. "So... Kris already made his homework? Whoaaa, what a miracle!"

"Shut up, charcoal."

"Excuse me? Did you called me charcoal?"

"Yep, I did."

"To tell you the truth, Baekhyun. His homework was wrong." Jongin continued and made Baekhyun look up with wide eyes. "What the.. are you serious?"

"Don't listen to this man. I copied from Chanyeol! It's not wrong!" Kris defended and made Jongin crack into fits of laughter. "And Chanyeol copied from me. And I realized that I made it wrong when he already copied it and I never told him that I changed my answers." Jongin bragged, crossing his arms on his chest.

"Jonginnn, let me copy yours instead!"

"Don't copy from this man again, he'll bring you down with him." Jongin teased as he stretch Kris' cheeks. Kris slapped the other's hands and hit him lightly on the head. "How dare you."

***

Edited : 05/24/2018