Eight

Chris

Two Days Before the Test

After a long ass day at work Sabrina and I decided to chill at my house and do a little studying before my test Tuesday. One thing she taught me was to never cram. Go over it enough times so that you'll remember it and once you got it don't keep studying.

To be honest that shit really works.

I'm still nervous though. Even if I get a C I'll be satisfied. I just don't wanna mess up my chances of playing ball. I'd probably lose my mind if that shit happened.

Anyway she was lying across my bed while I sat up against my headboard.

She was the only chick my mom didn't fuss about me having up here. I'm glad they like each other.

"Wanna play a game?" She asked.

"A game?" I asked confused.

"Yes." She got up and went to her purse and pulled out a box. "It's this jellybean game."

"The one where you could end up eating some gross ass shit?"

"Yeah, it got toothpaste, boogers, dead fish, a whole bunch of crazy shit."

"Alright let's go."

"Rock paper scissors to see who goes first?"

I nodded.

We both balled up out first. "Rock, paper scissor." We said in unison

"Shit." Of course I had to lose.

"Good luck." She tossed me the box while giggling.

I took a deep breath while digging into the box. I grabbed the first bean I felt and popped it in my mouth. Sabrina just watched with a huge smile on her face.

"It's berry flavored." I said.

She sucked her teeth. "Lucky ass."

She pulled a bean out and ate it.

Her nose scrunched up. "Toothpaste."

"Was it bad?"

"Kinda tastes like gum." She says.

"Alright, round 2." I pull another bean out. Silently praying that I get lucky again.

I put it in my mouth and as soon as I bit it and the taste filled my mouth I gagged. Sabrina started cracking up.

"Oh hell naw." I tried to jump up but she pushed me back down

"What does it taste like?" She asked through laughter.

"I gotta spit it out."

"No if you spit it out I automatically win! Be a man! You can take it!"

I leaned over to the floor gagging.

She just fell over laughing.

"I gotta throw up!" I rushed out to the bathroom and everything I ate today came out. That game is the devil.