Thirty-Six

Omniscient

One Year Later

'Even after pain, life goes on. Never let the hard times get the best of you. Never let the bullshit phase you.'

Sabrina wrote in the back of her notebook as her professor lectured on something that didn't grasp her attention. Lately her focus hasn't been as strong as it should be. Due to the fact that she's been working two jobs so that she can save up and move out of her dads house.

Being in the same space as her dads side hoe isn't going too well.

She loves her little brother EJ, they immediately grew a strong bond. Maybe because he's a Taurus like her. Only difference is his birthday is at the end of April.

I know you're wondering if she still thinks about her ex. She does, almost every day, the love never died, her heart just grew tired of the lies.

Her phone lit up on the desk as another one of the guys she's been leading on text her, asking to see her tonight. She's also adapted some of her ex's player ways. She smirked as she lied about having to work tonight. The truth is she has a date with someone else.

A tap on her arm brought her attention back to what was going on around her. She looked over at her new friend Summer, who was putting her things in her bag. Sabrina didn't even notice class was over.

She gathered her things and made her way out the class room.

"Damn, girl what had yo attention today." Summer said with her thick southern accent.

"I had to work last night, this boring ass class was the last thing on my mind."

"Mmhm, so what you doing tonight?"

"I have a date."

"Damn! You change niggas like we change clothes. I hope you ain't giving it up to all these men."

"No no no. Nobody puts their hand in the cookie jar."

"I know that's right. Well I gotta get to my next class."

"Okay boo, text me." Sabrina said while waving and making her way to her car. She only had one class today so it was time for her to climb back in bed.

She climbed into her car and cut it on, its winter time in Washington so she had to let it warm up. Pulling out her phone she opened Instagram and searched for UCLA's basketball teams page. She keeps up with the scores from time to time.

Clicking the first post was a video, the caption stating that they won. A smile peeled across her as she tapped the video to cut on the sound. The crowd erupted in cheers as Chris scored the winning basket. His tattooed arm flung in the air as his team surround him.

@sabrinaj Good game😊 @chrisbrownofficial

Locking her phone and placing it in the cup holder, she pulled out the parking lot and made her way home.

Once Sabrina pulled into the driveway of her dads house she sat there. Her step mothers car sat in front of hers but her dads was missing.