Seventeen.

Sabrina

After grabbing the mail, I sat my keys, purse and bookbag by the front door. I started thumbing through the pile to see if anything had my name on it. Out of the numerous envelopes, two did. I placed the rest of it on the kitchen counter, went back to grab my bookbag then headed upstairs.

Plopping down on my bed, I grabbed the TV remote and hit the power button. I sat up against my headboard and just stared at the mail in front of me. I flipped them over and ripped it open, while exhaling. I don't know why I was so nervous.

Pulling out the two papers that basically said the same thing.

"Congratulations, You have been accepted."

I glanced up at the USC header and the UCLA header.

Yeah, I applied. I told my mom that I wouldn't even waste my time with these applications but he comes along and that just changed.

My dream has always been to get out of California and I'm really willing to give that up for him. Why though? We aren't even together. Things are still rocky between us but I'm still willing to just throw away Howard so that I could stay close to him.

That's what happens when you fall for somebody I guess. It's only been 4 months and I feel like I need to see his face to get through my day. I don't even have to talk to him while he's around I just have to look at him then I'll be cool.

What did this boy do to me?

My phone started ringing on the side of my bookbag. I leaned forward and pulled it out. Quincy's face displayed on my screen. I hit the lock button to silence it. I didn't want to be bothered right now and besides I have too much homework.

Once the call ended I saw that I had a text from Chris and one from Tiara. Unlocking my phone, I pulled down my notifications.

Christopher - Can I stop by after practice? I got something to show you. - 3:57pm

Tiara👭❤️ - Im spending the night at your place when I get off. My momma been getting on my nerves🙄 - 3:41pm

I decided to reply to Tiara first.

Okay...bring me a pretzel when you get off...thank yooooou😘 - 4:07pm

I exited out of our thread and opened Chris's message. I purposely put him on read for the days that I ignored him.

What do you have to show me??? - 4:10pm

Christopher - Something really important...can I stop by please? - 4:12pm

I didn't expect him to reply so fast. Maybe it is important.

Sure - 4:15pm

He never replied after that. I tossed my phone on the side of me and grabbed my bookbag. I guess I'll start on this homework before all of my interruptions arrive.

Later On.

Somehow I ended up asleep after finishing half of my work but my loud ass ringer caused me to damn near have a heart attack. I gotta stop putting my phone next to my head when I fall asleep!