Twenty-Two

Christopher

Sabrina rode on my back as we headed back to the car. We had a really nice time today, I've never seen her smile so much. It was like watching a kid in a candy store.

I'm just happy that I was about to do this for her.

When we got to the car she climbed off of me and went to the passenger side. I placed everything that we won today inside the trunk then got inside the car.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Starving."

"Alright, let's go grab some food."

Pulling off I made my way to her favorite restaurant.

"Thank you Chris for this surprise. I really wasn't expecting it but I had a nice time today."

"No problem baby."

"I wish we would've had more time up here."

"Yeah, we gotta return to our regular lives tomorrow." I said.

"So have you started thinking about which school you're going to take up on their offer?"

"To be honest I haven't. I really like the coach at Howard but I'm really feeling UCLA."

She just nodded.

"What about you?" I asked.

"I'm still leaning towards Howard. I do have a meeting with UCLA next month. But I just still wanna get out of LA."

"Oh okay."

I guess I can just appreciate the fact that she applied for me. It would be nice if we went to college together but her dream is Howard and I wouldn't want to get in the way of that.

Just like I hope she'll accept whatever decision I make.

We got to Olive Garden. The waitress sat us and took our drink orders.

"So you wanna know why I love Disneyland so much?" She asked.

"Bri you don't have to talk about that."

"It's nothing too special, I was just being over dramatic earlier."

I laughed. "Oh okay."

"My dad used to take me and my sister all the time even after him and my mom divorced. That was before he moved to New York with his side chick. He used to be a dope guy but things changed."

"So you don't talk to your dad at all?"

"On holidays and birthdays. He says he'll be here for my graduation but I'm not going to hold my breath."

"Well I see that we have more in common than I thought."

She looked at me confused.

"I don't deal with my real dad either. My step dad raised me. My dad went to Virginia before I could I even walk. He only calls on my birthday and Christmas and all he talks about is how he can't wait for me to make it to the NBA. He just probably think I'm about to take care of him, which ain't happening. I love him because he's my father but other than that I don't want nothing to do with him."