Twenty-Three

Christopher

Today was my banquet. My last one. I'm kind of sad about this. I gave this team my all and now I won't be able to do that anymore.

It seem like I just started playing and now it's all over.

4 citywide and statewide championships and 8 MVPs under my belt. I was the man obviously.

I was in my room getting ready. I haven't heard from Sabrina today so I'm sure she probably won't be showing up, even though this is a very important night for me. She's still mad about the whole Rita situation but she's always mad so I really don't pay her any attention.

All of that could've been avoided if she would've listened to me. Yeah, Rita was constantly picking with her but she could've kept ignoring her like she been doing.

Now she unemployed.

Well she might not be for long. Our manager is trying to get her put over into another shoe store.

Ima miss us working together but shit happens.

"Christopher." My mom said knocking on my door.

"Come in."

She opened it. "It's time to go, come on."

I grabbed my phone and walked out the room.

"Are you nervous? Tonight is a big night for you." She asked while grabbing on to my hand.

"A little bit. I'm more sad then anything."

"I know but you'll be playing again before you know it."

"Yeah."

We got outside and climbed into my step dads truck. I pulled my phone out and went to my texts with Sabrina.

I know you're still mad at me but I really do hope I see you tonight - 6:12pm

The rest of the ride I just scrolled through Instagram. When we pulled up to the school I got nervous. Tonight was all about me and I'm just hoping that I don't cry.

Everybody got out the car and headed inside the gym. It was now filled with a bunch of tables and it had a stage with a podium on it.

"Aye look C." Trevor said. I looked over where he was pointing and a big smile peeled across my face.

She smiled back.