Sixteen.

Christopher

Today had to be the slowest day at work. I don't know what made it worse. The fact that we barely had customers or the fact that Sabrina and Quincy been flirting all damn day. I know she doing this shit on purpose because of that whole 'friend' conversation we had. But it's cool.

They stood at the register talking, while I pretended to fix the shoes close by them.

"So have you started planning everything for prom yet?" Quincy asked her.

"Naw. I don't know if I'm going yet."

"Man why not? You gone regret it if you don't go."

"I don't think I will. I'm trying to see what my best friend plans on doing about Prom and then I'll figure everything out."

"If you don't go to your prom you would come to mine." He said.

My head quickly turned in their direction.

"Are you asking me to be your date?" She asked.

"Maybe. A beautiful girl like you on my arm would be a sight to see."

"Mhmmm, I'll have to think about that one."

"Don't have me waiting too long."

"I won't, I promise."

"So what are you doing tomorrow?" He asked.

"Nothing since I'm off."

"Let me take you out. We can go catch a movie and grab a bite to eat afterwards, if you cool with that."

"Yeah, I'd like that." She bit her lip.

I sucked my teeth and turned back towards the shoes I was messing with.

"Well I gotta get out of here." She said. "I'll see you tomorrow Quincy." She walked to the back.

Oh so I'm invisible now.

After getting her stuff she left out the store. I looked at my watch and it was closing time so I went and let down the gate and locked it.

"Yo C, I hope it's cool for me to take Bri out. I know y'all had a little thing." Quincy said.

"I mean if you call fucking once a thing then hey. Other than that she ain't my girl knock yourself out."

"Wait, you hit that."

"Maybe." I laughed.

"Daaaaamn. Was it good?"

Hell Fuck yeah.

"You gotta find that out on your own my nigga."

"So that tutoring shit....what was that like cover up or something?"

"Naw she tutored me and things just changed for a little bit. We're just friends though so you ain't got nothing to worry about."