Chapter 5:The rescue

It was 10 PM,hours had pasted and Cole or not any of the other ninja found Kai. Cole than saw a burnt forest and decided to check it out

Cole turned off his elemental dragon and landed on the grass of the forest he walked passed the trees that were missing branches,black,and burned.

In the far distance Cole saw an abandoned house that all doors and windows were covered in wood,all but one window.
Cole knew what he was about to do was wrong but he didn't care he prayed hoping Kai would be here. Cole crawled through the window Cole than gasped.

There was blood stained on the walls,all the furniture was torn,and medical spider weds. Cole continued walking down the hallway something caught his eye. It was a notebook on the cover there were blood stained letters saying "Book Of Death" Cole turned his head back and forth and secretly put the book in his pocket and continued walking.

Minutes pasted,Cole checked upstairs and downstairs and he didn't find Kai. Cole begun to walk near the open window the one he used to get in that's when Cole heard a scream. Cole recognized that sound,it was Kai!

Cole's eyes widened he wiped his head around to try to find where the scream was coming from. Cole began running down hallways as he began to panic that's when he Cole tripped on a metal stick that was underneath a rug. Cole raised his eyebrows he kneeled down Cole pulled up the steal stick. His eyes widened.

There was stairs leading into a underground basement. Cole began too walk down the stairs,he looked at the walls there was more blood stains he finally reached to the bottom of the stairs which reached to a wooden door. Cole looked down at the floor and saw more blood stained on the floor. Cole opened the door and immediately gasped in horror.

It was a room filled with blood and death. There were blood stains,bloody body parts,bones,and medical knifes and swords and in the center of it all was Kai strapped down to the wall. Cole spirited to Kai as his eyes got wider the closer he got,Kai was in even worse condition than he was in the video there were scratches on his face deep enough that in got into his skin,there were nails hammered into Kai's ankles,wires were connected to them witch the wires were connected to a power box in the corner of the room,and he had more burned marks on his skin "Dear god" Cole said as he was horrified,he walked over to Kai's chains and broke them with his own hands,first his ankles than his wrist,before Kai fell to the ground he caught Kai. Cole looked at Kai as tears began to fill his eyes "Kai? You hear? Stay with me! You hear? Stay with me! KAI!" Cole shouted. But Kai didn't respond. Tears began to fill Cole's eyes,causing his vision to blur.
Cole fought back the panic he knew of he didn't do something quick his friend was going to die. Cole than saw the pieces of Kai's cut off skin he put them in a bucket near by. Cole picked up Kai along with the bucket and spirited out of the house,he activated his elemental dragon,the cold air blew on Cole's face in the night as he flew as far away from the house as he could. Not daring to look back.

In a near but far distance Cole saw the destinys bounty he made is dragon go faster and he finally got the the bounty.
Cole made his dragon disappear before Cole hit the ground he carried Kai. Cole saw the looks on Jay,Nya,Zane,and Lloyds faces after they all saw Kai. Cole didn't stop to explain all he said was "somebody get the bounty to Ninjago! We need to get Kai to a hospital now!" Cole shouted as he placed Kai on the bed. Nya ran to the steering wheel and got the bounty jet to go as fast as it could.

Meanwhile when Cole saw Kai on the bed Cole rubbed Kai's forehead "come on Kai stay with us,the team needs you,Ninjago needs you!"Cole whispered to Kai even though he knew Kai didn't hear him. Cole keeled down on the floor and looked at Kai as he rubbed his forehead he than squeezed Kai and hugged Kai around his neck as he tears burst down his cheeks.

"C-come on Kai stay with us,please. I-I need you!"