Chapter 15:How can I tell you?

Cole carried Kai back into their room.
Being really careful not to wake up the hothead or drop him. He gently put Kai in bed,and before he left,he removed Kai spikes covering his forehead and gently kissed his forehead.

"Sleep tight,hothead."
Cole quietly said before he walked out of the bedroom.

Cole quietly closed the door behind him and walked to the living room.
As soon as Cole walked in he sat on the couch,he grabbed a pillow on there and yelled into it.

Meanwhile,Jay and Nya had gotten back from there date.
"Thanks for taking me out Jay. I needed to escape the stress for awhile." Jay blushed "No problem,Nya. And I'm glad Kai was ok with it,and Cole watching over him too. You know," Jay said "Haven't you noticed that Cole and Kai have been really close since this all happened. Before all this,all they did was argue and literally yell at each other." Nya nodded
"Yeah,but it's happy to see them finally getting along. Again,thanks for taking me out." Nya said leaning over and kissed Jay's cheek. Jay's face turned bright red.
"I'm going to bed now."
"Ok." Jay said as Nya walked inside.
Jay was going to walk in,but he herd what sounded like a phone ringing.
Jay checked his pocket.

His phone was shut down for now.

He then looked behind him to find Cole's phone going off. He grabbed his phone to see Lloyd texting him.

"Hey Cole. Me,Sensei,and Zane are staying at the old boarding school,since it's shut down. My mother is here and we're trying to find out where Morro is so we can prepare if he's going to come back for Kai. We don't know where Jay and Nya are,but keep Kai safe. Bye."

Jay finished reading Lloyd's text. Jay questioned himself. Why would Cole just leave his phone outside? And why was he listening to saxophone music? He usually listens to Rock and Heavy Metal music. It's rare to see him listening to calm music like that.

"I better give this back to Cole." Jay said as he walked inside.
Jay walked into the hallway. He walked past the living room for a second,but slowly walked back to see Cole's face into a pillow and what seemed to him was Cole yelling into the couch pillow.

Jay knew something was wrong. Cole never yells into pillows. But at the same time,Jay found it funny. Before Jay's laughter could escape,he took a deep breath and walked into the living room.

"Hey Cole." Cole startled to hear Jay's voice. He felt a little embarrassed to see him literally yelling into a pillow,since that was something he would never do.

"Oh. Hey,Jay. You and Nya come back from y'alls date?" Jay nodded.
"You left your phone outside." Jay said handing Cole's phone. Cole immediately snatched it from his hand and looked through it. As soon as he was done,he sighed in relief.
"Have you and Kai been up to something?" Jay said with a smirk.

Cole's face turned bright as a cherry "Yes!—I mean No!—I mean Maybe!" Cole quickly kept changing his mind.

Jay laughed for a moment,but stopped to talk "Seriously,what's wrong?" Jay said as his smile turned into a frown and sat next to Cole.

Cole sighed heavily "Ok,I'll tell you. You just have to promise NOT to tell anyone." Cole said in a serious tone. Jay nodded.
"I.......like Kai." Cole said quickly at the end. "What?" Jay asked. Not able to understand what Cole said.
Cole took a deep breath to try and slowly said it again.
"I.......Like....Kai. More than a friend,more than a brother."

At times like this,Jay would be teasing Cole around now by saying "Cole and Kai,sitting in a tree. K.i.s.s.i.n.g!" But to Cole's luck,he didn't say anything like that. Cole was glad,cause if he did,he'd punch him so hard in the noise that it would bleed. He knew Jay was his friend,but he's been keeping it in for only 2 weeks,but it made him kind of frustrated to keep it in and if people would make fun of him.

"Do you........actually think he'll like me back?" Cole asked in a worried,yet questioning voice.

Jay nodded quickly.
"Totally! After all,you were the one who saved Kai,took care of him day and night,and always offered to watch over him." Jay responded.

"Well,I don't think he will."
Jay was shocked.

They had actually been talking about how they thought Cole liked Kai or Kai liking Cole. Jay even asked Zane and he said that one likes the other and he even said that they would make the perfect couple. Both Pixel and Zane said.

"Why? You'll seem perfect together! After all,after everything you've ever done for Kai since this happened,he should repay you by him liking you back."

Cole sighed "Here's the thing,before this all happened,I treated Kai like crap! I told him to fuck off! And I even made him cry once! How can he like someone that just treated him like garbage? All we did was yell and argue at each other. And besides,isn't he still dating Skylor?" Cole asked.

Jay shook his head.
"Really? Since when?" Cole asked confused.

"The day before Kai was taken by Morro. They were supposed to go on a date,but Kai found out that she was cheating on him."

"Well I'm glad they're done! I thought Kai was too cool for her anyways!"
Cole said angered.

"But anyways,Cole,Just tell him. I'm sure Kai will like you back now."

"Speaking of Kai,I'm gunna go check on him." Cole said as he got up and walked towards the door to leave the living room. Jay went back outside,but before he did him and Cole stopped.

"Just tell him." Jay said softly.

Cole took a deep breath and walked to the bedroom door.
He turned the knob.

It was locked...........